PM Problem

By bem 16 May 2016 20:20

Member · 118 comments

Hi , I'm only getting this problem on my server, as on my localhost they work perfectly. Users can't reply to PMs at all. New ones can be sent, but replying throws up an error:

Comment errors
USERNAME has left the conversation.

Never had a problem before upgrading, so don't know what's changed. It's an odd one. Like I said, works fine on my localhost... but that was a fresh install to test 2.0

By Yannick 17 May 2016 06:40

Administrator · 1,390 comments

Does this happen with the quick reply, or also with normal replies?

https://github.com/GetLuna/Luna/issues/1603

You can do anything

By bem 17 May 2016 07:04

Member · 118 comments

Both.

By bem 19 May 2016 07:54

Member · 118 comments

Thought I'd give a little update on this one.

A user can sent a new inbox message by starting a new conversation.
That user can then not sent another message within that conversation without getting the error message mentioned previously.
The person receiving the new inbox message can reply, but only once. Trying to reply again results in the error message mentioned previously.

I thought it was that you couldn't reply when you were the last sender, but that doesn't matter. Seems like you can only post once in an inbox conversation per user in the conversation.

My users have also told me today that they've noticed that the avatar next to the user sending them an inbox message is showing as their own, not the person who's sent them a message. Don't know if that's related to this or not.

By Yannick 19 May 2016 08:01

Thanks, that's helpful. I'll look into it and see how it can be fixed. I'll also look into the avatar issue. I'm able to reproduce this issue and working on a fix, using the "Reply" button seems to work fine though.

You can do anything

By bem 19 May 2016 08:52

Member · 118 comments
Yannick wrote

Thanks, that's helpful. I'll look into it and see how it can be fixed. I'll also look into the avatar issue. I'm able to reproduce this issue and working on a fix, using the "Reply" button seems to work fine though.

The reply button wasn't working for me the other day, but it's working now. Tested on old and new ones... so at least we have the reply button for now 😁

By Yannick 19 May 2016 09:38

Yeah, but I'm seriously considering to drop the quick reply field again. Inbox will be rewritten completely in a future version (because it is a mess) and I'll implement it back in that version. But for 2.0.2, it will likely be gone. The required changes seem to be to broad.

You can do anything

By bem 19 May 2016 11:28

Member · 118 comments

No worries. Would be nice to see it implemented, but happy to wait until it's rewritten and working. For now I guess you could just replace it with a reply button at the bottom.