We're testing Luna 2.1 Fallow

By Yannick 27 November 2016 21:14

Administrator · 1,385 comments

Hey everybody!

Today we start the public testing of Luna 2.1 Fallow on this board. In this early preview, we've got a couple of changes up that we would like you guys to test out. But first, let's go over what's new:

- The spoiler-tag implementation has been updated to be native Bootstrap
- Under "BBCode" in "Features", you can now enable the advanced editor and editor dialogs
- Users can now enable a secondary toolbar in the editor if the board settings allow it
- Users can now enable dialogs in the editor if the board settings allow it, which will help them insert BBcode, currently, we only support the url-tag, with more to come
- Sunrise 3.1 includes a new thread view
- Fifteen 2.1, Sunrise 3.1 and Backstage now use the native system font stack
- Font Awesome has been updated from version 4.6.3 to 4.7.0
- jQuery has been updated from version 3.1.0 to 3.1.1

To try out the new editor features, you should dive into your profile settings and go to the "Threads" tab. Here, you'll see 2 new editor option on top of the page. Additionally, we've enabled Sunrise as the theme on this board to give you guys a quick look at the new thread design and to test it. We'll continue to update our board with more recent versions of Luna 2.1. A first public Preview will be made available soon!

Have a nice day
- Yannick

You can do anything

By Namnodorel 28 November 2016 13:20

Member · 10 comments

Great new alignment of the components! But I'd put the categories above recent activity for usability purposes - when I want to switch the category I'm currently in I don't want to have to scroll down.

By Yannick 29 November 2016 15:06

Namnodorel wrote

Great new alignment of the components! But I'd put the categories above recent activity for usability purposes - when I want to switch the category I'm currently in I don't want to have to scroll down.

I'm sorry, but that's not what Sunrise was designed for. If you want that, you'll have to use Fifteen or Seventeen or build your own version.

Either way, today's I've updated the software once more.
- You'll now find (if you have enabled the additional features) that images now also give a dialog when adding them through the toolbar
- On mobile devices, the navigation has been made more touch-friendly
- The Backstage has a new navigation UI

You can do anything

By Raf 29 November 2016 20:12

Member · 62 comments
Yannick wrote
Namnodorel wrote

I'm sorry, but that's not what Sunrise was designed for. If you want that, you'll have to use Fifteen or Seventeen or build your own version.

wait what? 😄

is there a release date for beta and final?

By Yannick 29 November 2016 21:02

As said in the TS, there isn't an ETA yet, you'll have to do with "soon". 😁 And yes, we're looking into including a new default theme. Although it might be called "Sixteen" and we'll soon follow it up with "Seventeen" next year. Either way, don't expect to much from it, it still lies closely to the design language from Fifteen and Sunrise, while taking on some new elements.

Additionally, I'm perhaps a little bit to excited about the revamped Backstage CSS. It's extremely clean! Luna 2.0's Backstage CSS is 30 kB. Luna 2.1's Backstage CSS is 28 kB with only the Title-component from Rubine missing (which isn't big). However, unlike the Luna 2.0 CSS, the Luna 2.1 CSS has accents built-in, which for Luna 2.0 are another 36 kB! This is a 58% drop in CSS size! An optimization that will come the Fifteen and Sunrise as well, although it has yet to be seen how much effect it will have for those themes.

You can do anything

By bem 2 December 2016 07:43

Member · 116 comments

I notice that there are two [i] tags in the toolbar - the one next to colour should maybe be something different.

Never been a fan of editor dialogs, but the img one now includes the option to add alt text? If that's the case then I'm totally on board 😄

By Yannick 2 December 2016 18:39

Yes, that "Text" box is to add alt text, it will be made more clear in the future. Either way, you can of course always disable it in your profile (after having enabled it). 😁 That second [i]-tag is indeed a mistake, and is supposed to be the [ins]-tag.

You can do anything

By Cotopaxi42 7 December 2016 18:47

Member · 20 comments

How do you use spoilers?

Last edited by Cotopaxi42 (7 December 2016 18:48)

By Yannick 8 December 2016 09:25

With the [spoiler]-tag, we have decided to not allow that on this forum, however.

You can do anything