Confirmation Email problem

By bem 1 December 2016 16:17

Member · 116 comments

Hello, I had a new user on my forum bring up a problem with their confirmation email. I've tested it creating a dummy account and I see what he means.

On the email, it gives you a link to log in to to activate the account - address.com/login.php
This however just brings up a blank page, with nothing showing when looking at the page source, so the login pages is erroring out somewhere. Maybe it's the link given in the email that is incorrect? Should there be more to the address?

At the moment their email address is showing as unverified even though they have logged in and posted on the forum.

I'm using 2.0.6 as I haven't updated to 2.0.7 yet. If this fixes it then great, but thought I'd let you know just in case you don't know about this.

By Yannick 1 December 2016 17:16

Administrator · 1,385 comments

2.0.7 shouldn't contain a fix for that particular problem. You're saying that the link in the mail is just address.com/login.php for the activation URL? That is indeed incorrect. I'll look into it.

You can do anything

By bem 1 December 2016 19:15

Member · 116 comments

Yeah. I figured that it should probably contain the users id in there, but it literally just links to login.php