Future !

By njimret 7 June 2018 20:57

Member · 33 comments

What about next update to make the board more modern and look alike Discourse or Flarum ! Add some cool stuff like auto video emmbed and images, Like for the posts and show all the recent posts or categories this may be the forum owner choice ! And integrate an Upload option to the core ! Follow Discourse philosophy but in a traditional way using php, ajax, javascript, and include an instant messagin section for users, and Badges for achievments of the user! And mentioned users to ?

Actually this sounds so good if that could happend I would like to help on coding but what should I do I'm not good at it but I think keep it simple and follow the philosophy of Discourse or Flarum !

Regards to @Yannick

Added:

Well it may be good to refresh that look and remove like PM feature but not notfication feature and add more stylish form to the main page like Discourse got it !,,,,

And auto embed Video, Image HTTP sources, Attachment and image upload for posts.

KKWhByFl.png
9LNTxTpl.png

Lightbox image preview!
-All Categories
- Latest
- New
- Unread

Last edited by njimret (9 June 2018 21:48)

-a

By Yannick 8 June 2018 21:10

Administrator · 1,418 comments

I do not feel like uploading content and instant messaging really fit in with the vision I have for Luna. I rather keep it simple.

I'm down for including @-mentions, though. A achievement-system shouldn't be so hard to build given that it is basically the ranking system.

Also, the lack of use of JavaScript is also a carefully made choice, I'd rather keep it to a limit but I can see where it could be useful in a number of situations.

Having said that, I feel like it's seriously time to cut out a number of features from Luna that should honestly never have made their way in. The notification system is one of these features, and so is Inbox. I'm currently considering dropping these features for Luna 3 without adding much more for that release, rather I would like to spend A LOT time in updating the codebase and cleaning up after myself. Over the years since the split from FluxBB, Luna has become a bit of a mess in its codebase. And it is time to end that. A cleaner, fresher and modern design should also be part of that.

If you want to help out, I'd suggest you make a pull request on GitHub. 😁

You can do anything

By Yannick 9 June 2018 17:32

As a sidenote, I hope to get Luna 2.0.8 out there early next week. This release will mainly fix a number of compatibility issues with PHP 7.2. Together with that update, we'll also give the website a refresh, most importantly: get the download buttons back to work. I'll post a blogpost with more information on that day as well.

You can do anything

By Yannick 11 June 2018 08:32

Tomorrow is gonna be fun.

You can do anything