How to Install Plugins

By omon23 21 December 2014 16:34

Member · 4 comments

Hello,

I would like to install a plugin into my ModernBB installation. However, I am not sure how to.

The plugin I would like to install is the 'News' plugin, which I found at https://github.com/ModernBB/Modificatio … aster/News . If you could give me any guidance on how to then it is appreciated.

I am also very looking forward to the new release of Luna 🙂

Thanks,
Dan.(omon23).

By Yannick 21 December 2014 16:49

Administrator · 1,451 comments

Just put the files in the plugin folder of your ModernBB installation and you're ready to go.

You can do anything

By omon232 23 January 2015 21:15

Member · 1 comments

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply, I have been fairly busy recently.

I have unfortunately had to create a second account as my original account (omon23) appears to have got messed up during the switch over to the  new forums, and forget password doesn't seem to be working.

Anyway, I have put the files in my plugin folder but not sure what do next. How do I access it? I've looked everywhere in backstage and cannot find anything nor are there any links on the actual forum page.

I'm also really liking the new design of ModernBB(is it now called Luna?). Can't wait to the stable release 😄

Many Thanks,
Dan (omon23)

By Yannick 24 January 2015 00:37

Administrator · 1,451 comments

Ow, you'r using Luna? If so, plugins won' tbe recognized by the Backstage.

If you're on ModernBB and the plug starts with the correct naming convention, a new "Extensions" dropdown menu should appear in the navbar that gives access the the plugin's settings.

You can do anything