Luna 1.1 now on our forums

By Yannick 17 April 2015 06:10

Administrator · 1,390 comments

Hey everybody,

Today, we've updated our board to Luna 1.1-alpha (build 4379), this update isn't bringing a lot of major changes, but it does add 2 nice features!

The first one is what we like to call "Night mode". Night mode is designed to make Luna adapt to the night and make the interface darker, this is better for your eyes and should improve your reading experience during late hours (or early hours). You can disable this feature (which is the default), force this feature to be active all the time or make it switch automaticaly between Day and Night mode. You can find this new setting in your Profile > Settings > Personalize. Automatic mode will give you a dark interface from 19.00 until 07.59. Make sure to set your timezone right!

Another new feature in this build is only for admins and moderators, through you guys will see this new setting in your profile too. We've added a BackstageColor setting, which will change the color of the Backstage, similar to the color changing in the front-end. This feature returns from ModernBB, and we hope you like it and can personalize your board even further. On your own board, you'll be able to add your own colors with ease!

I invite you guys to test out this Night mode feature and report any issues you may encounter.

Have fun,
Yannick

You can do anything

By Yannick 20 April 2015 19:10

Hey everybody,

Today, we pushed the second major nightly build to our forums (build 4422)! This version contains a couple of improvements and other refinements.

Let's start with Random: the Random beta is now part of the Luna package, and through it does require a lot of additional improvements later on, it is concidered stable enough to be part of the Luna core. So Random will be back in the first Preview of Bittersweet Shimmer.

Random isn't the only theme with refinements. Luna and Sunrise both got Improved too. Most noteable will be the improvements in the profile. All profile pages (the main pages, that is) now show a bar at the top with the title of the page and it contains the page's available actions (for example: save for the settings-page). Major improvements have been made for mobile devices. Now, the profile will take more of the available width of the screen. The profile menu will now get stacked next to each other instead of below each other. Finally, the user avatar will no longer disappear when your window is to small.

Todays update mainly focussed on improving our themes, and there will be another update that does this, there are some bug fixes included. However, we hope to be able to get the new editor in the core in one of the coming updates to our board (and thus available for you). There's a lot of work left to do before we reach a point where I would concider it stable enough, but it is coming!

Have fun!
Yannick.

You can do anything

By Yannick 25 April 2015 11:29

Hey everyboyd!

It has been a couple of days already, and since we released Luna 1.0.2 today, we tought it to be a very nice time to also update our board with the latest build of Luna 1.1.

Todays build comes with a brand new translation system. This will make it easier for translators to translate Luna into different languages. In fact, Luna 1.1 will be available in both English AND French (the French langauge pack will be available to download from our download page)!

Another major update in todays build is "Notifications 2.0", that is, the code behind the notifcations got revamped with a very nice API, a front-end revamp is also in the works. Further, todays update comes with small theme refinements to Luna and Sunrise, an updated night mode (which should fix some bugs) and all improvements and bug fixes that are in Luna 1.0.2. For now, Bittersweet Shimmer is good on track.

Enjoy!
Yannick.

You can do anything

By kaaleth 25 April 2015 20:42

Member · 83 comments

Thanks for this update. Please fix download link on the home page 😁 (404 error).

Last edited by kaaleth (25 April 2015 20:42)

By Yannick 14 May 2015 09:36

Hey y'all!

It has been a while and development of Luna has been slow for the past days, but I was very bussy, I hope you all understand. However, I'm now back and ready to put some new and awesome changes to Luna. And today, we're pushing out our next nighly build, build 4509.

The first obvious change you'll encounter is the revamped index design. The topic list now shows which topic is posted in which forum and the reply count is now displayed next to it. The labels are also clickable and now go to the forum view, instead of the forum-specific index. Expect that feature to disappear in Luna 1.1, we're planning to use the dedicated page once again, like it used to be.

Another big change is the new announcements system. You can now add a title to announcements if you want to. Another change is that it's now possible to change the style of an announcement between default, info, success, warning and danger. A first official preview will follow later this month.

Have fun!
Yannick

You can do anything

By Yannick 5 June 2015 20:44

Hey everybody!

We just pushed an update to our official forums in the form of build 4712. Notable changes are improvements for small screens which will now have a better, more polished interface and show more information. Further, marked and soft deleted posts now get their color back.

Another big update to this build is support for upgrading from FluxBB 1.4 and 1.5 (and all ModernBB versions)! We used to require ModernBB 3.7 for upgrades to Luna. Further, build 4712 exist mostly out of minor improvements and features compared to Luna 1., Preview 1 Update 1. We're currently working on a couple of additional features that we want to get finished before releasing Luna 1.1 Preview 2. Stay tuned!

You can do anything

By ninjagolloyd 5 June 2015 21:10

Member · 62 comments

Yay!!!

By Yannick 11 June 2015 20:18

I've decided to call it a day for what it comes to Luna 1.1. As I've said earlier - a while ago - I'll be off during July and won't even be able to provide support here. I would like to have Luna 1.1 out before the last week of June and at the current pase, that isn't going to happen, unless some features are pushed back to later releases. That's why the current lunadev-image will be released as Preview 2 tomorrow.

You can do anything