Luna 1.2: Meet Sixteen

By Yannick 6 September 2015 19:33

Administrator · 1,453 comments

Hey everybody,

Today's change to the board will not go unnoticed. As you can see, our theme has changed. We're now using Sixteen, the default theme for Luna 1.2 and future versions troughout 2016. As ModernBB users will notice, this design is very similar to the old Random style. Todays update is still a very early version of the theme and you will find a lot of visual errors and glitches. We're as of writing this post on build 4859.

I invite all of you to go look arround for what has changed. However, I would like to close off with a list of things that are not working or are bugged:

• Thread labels are broken (pinned, solved, moved, closed)
  • The post and edit page have out-of-band heading
  • Help, Search and some other pages have malfunctioning headings
  • Accent colors are broken
  • The profile sidebar is inconsistent in showing name and title and also to small for some screen formats
  • Inbox is partialy broken

These are issues we'll try to resolve quickly in future updates to our nightly branch. Nightly users are also receiving Luna 1.2.4859 at this point which includes the same version of Sixteen as we're using on the board here.

Sixteen is, however, not ment to be a simple port of Random for Luna. While it now still looks quiet the same, this will change in the future as we start to redesign elements of the interface. These changes include - but are not limited to - a new orange-purple default colorscheme (the current blue colorscheme will become one of the accents, circular avatars everywhere, a general more colorful look and more.

Have fun and say what you want about Sixteen here. We'll keep this topic up-to-date on the latest improvements and fixes as we push them to the board. I hope this is a nice kickoff after our hiatusses.

Best regards,
Yannick

You can do anything

By Yannick 6 September 2015 22:12

I've just pushed build 4867 to fix three of the mentioned issues and other small changes.

Edit:
I've just pushed another update. This update revamps the profile card in the Profile area and makes use of circular avatars across the whole board. Also, the default width and height for your avatars has been increased to 128 pixels (which is the new default) and the size has been increased to 30720, also a new default.

You can do anything

By Raf 7 September 2015 20:57

Member · 68 comments

Great update! i'm looking forward to the 1.2 release. however, that navbar wasn't in the original random? are you going to change much?

By Yannick 7 September 2015 21:07

We've just updated the theme once more, this time with a new navbar and an improved index view, there is also an indication now when a forum or post have a new comment.

Raf wrote

Great update! i'm looking forward to the 1.2 release. however, that navbar wasn't in the original random? are you going to change much?

As said, I'm planning to change quiet a lot about the look and feel of this theme. While the general structure will remain similar to Random, the default color pallet and element design will change.

You can do anything

By rolfo 9 September 2015 11:15

Member · 86 comments

Hey I just saw the indication of this new post! Works perfectly  🙂

Just two things: The users online and smiley boxes don't show their content properly.

users_onlinea7uwm.png

smileysrus8d.png

By rolfo 9 September 2015 11:26

Member · 86 comments

Ouh and two more.

This looks quite funny. 'Wanna change the blue accent to a more blue version or maybe you like this other blue one?'  😄
color_personal8vspy.png

There should be the same gap as between categories
gap8ns4k.png

Last edited by rolfo (9 September 2015 11:30)

By Yannick 9 September 2015 13:56

The accent issue is pointed out in the SP, the others are also known issues and they are to be expected in this early version. 🙂 My local version is starting to look quiet nicely. I wan't to finish the updated design before updating the board to another preview build before fixing everything and making the accents and night mode work again.

You can do anything

By Yannick 9 September 2015 21:54

I've just pushed another update - build 4895 - which comes with, and I think it's quiet obvious, more reworked design elements. We've added the new colorscheme and it should be the default now. This new red-purple scheme is the default color scheme for Trent, the CSS framework we're basing this style on, also made by Studio 384 (though not to be confused with the previous Trent UI Framework we are still using in the Backstage).

Anyway, this update is mainly a visual update, however, it also brings some fixes along the way. These are mainly for people that develop styles, working on a new, totally different style from Fifteen has also brought up ideas to extend some functions that are available to developers. More changes and fixes will be coming soon.

Next up is a button redesign and editor update.

For another note, when the major work on Sixteen is done, the next feature that will be implemented is "Mark as solved". The Help-page has some information on this feature already.

You can do anything

By Vadim 10 September 2015 08:53

Member · 224 comments

Wow! Cool theme! Let's leave it! And together we improve it.

I do not understand the code. I am learning English.

By Vadim 10 September 2015 09:14

Member · 224 comments
.topic .profile-card {
    margin-top: 10px;   
    box-shadow: 0px 0px 13px rgba(0, 0, 0, .2);
}
.list-group {
    padding-left: 0;  
    margin-bottom: 20px;  
    box-shadow: 0px 0px 13px rgba(0, 0, 0, .2);
}
.form .btn-login {
    margin-top: -44px;
    margin-right: 15px;
}
.btn-toolbar {
    margin-left: -5px;
    /* margin-bottom: 10px; */
    height: 45px; /* need for "no login" */
}

Perhaps it would be better?
Or not...

Last edited by Vadim (10 September 2015 09:23)

By Raf 10 September 2015 11:39

Member · 68 comments

I like the shadows, when will the buttons get an update? they look out of place now.

Last edited by Raf (10 September 2015 11:39)

By Yannick 10 September 2015 13:04

Raf wrote

I like the shadows, when will the buttons get an update? they look out of place now.

As mentioned, the buttons are up next. I've just pushed some changes to the editor and fixed the emoticon dropdown to the repo. These changes are now also in effect on the board and already come with small cosmetic changes to the buttons.

You can do anything

By Yannick 11 September 2015 14:23

Another update. We've updated the buttons in this build - 4908 - and also changed some small thing in the profile. Further, the search page has been updated with an improved design and we've made the first steps for "Mark as solved". Next update will take care of profile cards in the topic view and the 2 other accent colors.

You can do anything

By Raf 11 September 2015 19:22

Member · 68 comments

Will there be a sunrise-ish theme for sixteen that has the looks of fifteen with the newest topics on the home page?

By Vadim 12 September 2015 05:46

Member · 224 comments

f9fd3t.jpg

.form .btn-login {
    margin-top: -38px;
    margin-right: 15px;
}

Last edited by Vadim (12 September 2015 05:59)

By Vadim 12 September 2015 05:58

Member · 224 comments

And please add code for all page:

html {
    overflow-y: scroll;
}

Because browsers Chrome and Firefox need this code.

By Yannick 13 September 2015 05:29

Another update, we've added the 2 other accents and fixed a couple of issues.

You can do anything

By Vadim 27 September 2015 07:49

Member · 224 comments

On mobile devices, there is a horizontal scroll bar.
On the right is an empty place.
10eigyf.gif

By Yannick 27 September 2015 08:07

Known issue, but thanks for reporting.

Preview 2 won't include many improvements to Sixteen, as I currently focussing on adding features and fixing bugs in the core itself. Preview 3 will probably bring  a couple changes and finishing touches to Sixteen.

You can do anything

By Mohsen_Nirouzad 27 September 2015 11:43

Member · 134 comments

When version final 1.2 version of Luna will available?
and will sign-up works?

Last edited by Mohsen_Nirouzad (27 September 2015 11:44)

Sorry for bad English- I'm an English trainee | Sorry, maybe my codes incomplete or wrong, My PHP is poor ...
My email address

By Yannick 27 September 2015 11:58

Sign-up isn't even broken. There is no ETA on when Cornflower Blue will be released.

You can do anything

By Mohsen_Nirouzad 27 September 2015 16:21

Member · 134 comments

How you tell me "Sign-up isn't even broken" when you never tested it? I told you before with mail that when I lost my password, I tried to sign up but I never couldn't do it, And another thing, Look at the statics bar at the bottom, It about a month I can just see "renick" is the newest user, Doesn't it suspicious?  🙂

Sorry for bad English- I'm an English trainee | Sorry, maybe my codes incomplete or wrong, My PHP is poor ...
My email address

By Sfideremo 27 September 2015 16:39

Member · 20 comments

It seems like if I try to register, I never get the email with the password.

By rolfo 27 September 2015 16:48

Member · 86 comments

I can confirm this. Got no Email.

And the sentence "We've got us a situation here" in this context seems a bit strange.

situation9aqyu.png

By Mohsen_Nirouzad 27 September 2015 17:13

Member · 134 comments

Sorry, Rolfo, Can you upload your image in another server? This website is not accessible in Iran, Exactly, I mean that nobody can register in this forum at all, but Yannick doesn't believe it!

My email address

By Sfideremo 27 September 2015 17:58

Member · 20 comments
Mohsen_Nirouzad wrote

Sorry, Rolfo, Can you upload your image in another server? This website is not accessible in Iran, Exactly, I mean that nobody can register in this forum at all, but Yannick doesn't believe it!

It's just the page that thanks you for registering, tells you to check your email, and to email Yannick if you don't get the email.

By Yannick 27 September 2015 19:02

Renick has been registered a week ago, not "a month". Our usercount simply doesn't add up that quickly.

As I've said before, registration isn't broken. You're perfectly able to register.

rolfo wrote

I can confirm this. Got no Email.

And the sentence "We've got us a situation here" in this context seems a bit strange.

http://abload.de/thumb/situation9aqyu.png

It's a generic heading, perhaps indeed it should be something else.

You can do anything

By rolfo 27 September 2015 20:18

Member · 86 comments

I uploaded it on imgur. Hope this is accessible in Iran.

I don't think that Yannick does not believe you - he maybe just couldn't reproduce this issue for himself. Also it is not true, that the registration of users doesn't work. You can register, and an account is created (tested it on my server - it works). But if the admin wants you to activate your account first with an email and sets the respective options you can't, because you aren't getting the email.

So it seems, that sending the registration email is not working correctly?

Last edited by rolfo (27 September 2015 20:20)

By Yannick 27 September 2015 20:45

It indeed does not and I am able to reproduce the issue, but it is not a big in the registration. It works fine. It's the way Luna handles mails that's broken.

You can do anything

By Mohsen_Nirouzad 28 September 2015 18:15

Member · 134 comments
rolfo wrote

I uploaded it on imgur. Hope this is accessible in Iran.

Thank you, It's accessible!  🙂

Yannick wrote

It indeed does not and I am able to reproduce the issue, but it is not a big in the registration. It works fine. It's the way Luna handles mails that's broken.

Yannick ,I can promise you registration works but mail address will not work! and Yes I was think it's a long time renick is signed up, and I was wrong, but just think, In a week, nobody will sign up when your forum before this was have 453 users?

Last edited by Mohsen_Nirouzad (28 September 2015 18:17)

My email address