Problem in restore databases

By Mohsen_Nirouzad 12 October 2015 11:54

Member · 134 comments

When I accessed Luna 1.2 beta 1, I tried to update Luna 1.2 alpha 3 to 1.2 beta 1, I made a backup from my forum and saved it into my laptop,
Then I deleted Luna files and databse, Then I Installed new Luna, After that, I restored my backup completely but when I try to show my forum ( Index.php ) I just see this error:

Luna 1.2 beta 1 wrote

An error was encountered

Error: Unable to fetch category/forum list.

I was have some important information, Can I restore them? Or I completely lost my information?  🙁
Can you tell me a fully-private way to upgrade Luna?

Last edited by Mohsen_Nirouzad (12 October 2015 11:57)

Sorry for bad English- I'm an English trainee | Sorry, maybe my codes incomplete or wrong, My PHP is poor ...
My email address

By Yannick 12 October 2015 12:06

Administrator · 1,456 comments

You broke it because this is not how backups work. You installed Luna 1.2 Beta 1 but then downgraded the database to Luna 1.2 Preview 3 or earlier. You're database is out of sync with your actual software version. Please drop the php-files in the /cache/ folder, this should trigger the database update.

You can do anything

By Mohsen_Nirouzad 12 October 2015 12:28

Member · 134 comments

I think you didn't understood what I mean,
I deleted the old Luna's files completely and uploaded the new Luna files that means there is no any cache files.
P.S: I told before I deleted my old Luna's database completely too. I just saved my backup sql file.

Sorry for bad English- I'm an English trainee | Sorry, maybe my codes incomplete or wrong, My PHP is poor ...
My email address

By Yannick 12 October 2015 12:56

Administrator · 1,456 comments

There is a good reason why we say to create a backup for both your files and database. Download the version you used prior to this a restore that. This is one of them.

I don't understand how you expected that a database from one version would be compatible with that from another, especially when we're talking about a preview release. What version is your database backup from and from what version does Luna report to be. You can open db_update.php and go over the changes yourself manually.

You can do anything