"It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings"

By Lirodon 31 October 2015 15:34

Member · 25 comments

So my admin pointed out that we've been getting a ton of errors like this in our PHP log...

Strict Warning: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. Please use the date.timezone setting, the TZ environment variable or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead in [..]forum/include/functions.php on line 2164

Is this supposed to happen? Is this something being addressed by those apparent changes to time zone handling you're working on?

By Yannick 31 October 2015 20:30

Administrator · 1,451 comments
Lirodon wrote

So my admin pointed out that we've been getting a ton of errors like this in our PHP log...

Strict Warning: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. Please use the date.timezone setting, the TZ environment variable or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead in [..]forum/include/functions.php on line 2164

Is this supposed to happen? Is this something being addressed by those apparent changes to time zone handling you're working on?

This is, in Luna 1.2 and lower, the intended behavior, the result of the "legacy" code that came all the way from PunBB. And yes, this shouldn't happen in the future with the planned changes from the thread I opened earlier.

You can do anything