Luna Emerald - UPDATE: 2.0.0 is here!

By Yannick 7 March 2016 10:38

Administrator · 1,453 comments
bem wrote
Yannick wrote

The Welcome back-message didn't exist prior to this theme and it is the only theme so far to implement it (Sunrise doesn't have it and won't get it either). And besides that, elements haven't been taking up more space actually, yeah, the sidebar menu on the index moved down due to the avatar butt that's kinda it. What would you change?

Out of interest, what will be changing with the Sunrise theme? That's the one I'm using right now and seems to be the preferred choice by my users. Are there any screenshots of 1.4 Sunrise, or are you just working on Fifteen for now?

There have currently no changes been applied to Sunrise so the first 1.4 preview will bring along a Sunrise that on some points is broken. We'll fix that in the next preview. Sunrise won't get any major new visual updates, but I will be fixing bugs and refining the theme in general.

You can do anything

By kaaleth 7 March 2016 20:11

Member · 83 comments
Yannick wrote
kaaleth wrote
Yannick wrote

I'll take a look at it.

Anyway, just pushed an update to the theme that fixes some issues and adds back in some missing features (like the new item marks).

I just would like to say, Glitter theme has no issues with fonts on my Opera. Did you make some changes in this case? Moreover, I like Glitter theme more than this. Welcome back panel is much better. Left navigation too. Glitter is more compact, that I love. Please, think about it!

Glitter? What's Glitter?

The Welcome back-message didn't exist prior to this theme and it is the only theme so far to implement it (Sunrise doesn't have it and won't get it either). And besides that, elements haven't been taking up more space actually, yeah, the sidebar menu on the index moved down due to the avatar butt that's kinda it. What would you change?

--

Anyway, today I've worked on night mode (something I didn't expect to bring in the first preview, but there we go anyway), so that will make its return to this board soon too.

Glitter is here.

getluna.org/glt

🙂

By Yannick 7 March 2016 20:26

kaaleth wrote
Yannick wrote
kaaleth wrote

I just would like to say, Glitter theme has no issues with fonts on my Opera. Did you make some changes in this case? Moreover, I like Glitter theme more than this. Welcome back panel is much better. Left navigation too. Glitter is more compact, that I love. Please, think about it!

Glitter? What's Glitter?

--

Anyway, today I've worked on night mode (something I didn't expect to bring in the first preview, but there we go anyway), so that will make its return to this board soon too.

Glitter is here.

getluna.org/glt

🙂

Ha. Well yes, it's the exact same stylesheet that is being used for Fifteen. It's that draft the new Luna design is being based on. Also, I would like to add that Fifteen and "Glitter" (it isn't called like that, Glitter is the name of the 2.1-update) use the very same design for the First Run and dismissing it there would have given the very same panel you see now. You're just seeing something else because you already dismissed First Run on this board, otherwise you would see the same thing as on the glt-website.

Anyhow, I didn't change anything about the used font stacks. Can you please tell me what version of Opera we're talking about? In case this is about 12.xx, we're not providing support for that version.

You can do anything

By kaaleth 8 March 2016 19:04

Member · 83 comments

Opera Developer 37 🙂

dsad.png

Left - official forum
Right - test forum

Font is looking bolded.

By Yannick 8 March 2016 19:20

kaaleth wrote

Opera Developer 37 🙂

http://addimages.org/images/2016/03/08/dsad.png

Left - official forum
Right - test forum

Font is looking bolded.

Alright, I'll take a look at it.

You can do anything

By EnglishParrot 9 March 2016 22:10

Member · 56 comments

Profile section username improvements required.
Look at the bellow picture:
http://up.20script.ir/file/5aa7-Screens … -22-55.png
If some person username be long, Some of it will missed.
And if we scroll to left:
http://up.20script.ir/file/f87a-Screens … -50-35.png
Not too responsive 🙂

And another thing, Luna tells me that I have 11 posts in this forum, I'm not sure what it means from post, thread or comment, but I have 10 threads ( not 11 ) and too many comments!
Update: I saw another thing that should be a little mistake.
Here: http://forum.getluna.org/settings.php
We've six parts to control our profile, The two last ones ( with time and dashboard icons ) are the same. I mean if you click on the time, You will see the controls that exist on when you click on the dashboard.
I think the dashboard control's exclusively for board administrator and normally a normal member like me shouldn't have this control on his profile.
I'm really surprised how didn't any user noticed them! 🙂

Last edited by EnglishParrot (9 March 2016 22:37)

By Yannick 10 March 2016 07:49

EnglishParrot wrote

Profile section username improvements required.
Look at the bellow picture:
http://up.20script.ir/file/5aa7-Screens … -22-55.png
If some person username be long, Some of it will missed.
And if we scroll to left:
http://up.20script.ir/file/f87a-Screens … -50-35.png
Not too responsive 🙂

And another thing, Luna tells me that I have 11 posts in this forum, I'm not sure what it means from post, thread or comment, but I have 10 threads ( not 11 ) and too many comments!
Update: I saw another thing that should be a little mistake.
Here: http://forum.getluna.org/settings.php
We've six parts to control our profile, The two last ones ( with time and dashboard icons ) are the same. I mean if you click on the time, You will see the controls that exist on when you click on the dashboard.
I think the dashboard control's exclusively for board administrator and normally a normal member like me shouldn't have this control on his profile.
I'm really surprised how didn't any user noticed them! 🙂

This theme is still in development an frankly I now that both issues (with the username and settings page) exist. I'm looking into your post count.

You can do anything

By KnownSyntax 11 March 2016 06:47

Member · 8 comments
bem wrote

Cheers.

I don't know whether this is something that wants to be done, or if it might just be too much... but is there plans to allow admin users to change the colours of the pinned, important and new message icons next to threads? On one hand it'd be cool to have them match a colour theme, but on another it's an extra backstage addition.

I would like to see this, so you aren't alone. It would allow for various things to literally stick out way more than they currently do depending on what colors your theme/style is using.

FreshAquaria - Freshwater Discussion and Knowledgebase

By Yannick 11 March 2016 12:02

KnownSyntax wrote
bem wrote

Cheers.

I don't know whether this is something that wants to be done, or if it might just be too much... but is there plans to allow admin users to change the colours of the pinned, important and new message icons next to threads? On one hand it'd be cool to have them match a colour theme, but on another it's an extra backstage addition.

I would like to see this, so you aren't alone. It would allow for various things to literally stick out way more than they currently do depending on what colors your theme/style is using.

The colors of these icons have been pulled out of the Core and put into the theme files, you can overwrite them with a child theme if you want.

You can do anything

By kaaleth 11 March 2016 12:22

Member · 83 comments

Yannick, do you plan something to do with images? For example - to include lightbox or something similar?

By Yannick 11 March 2016 12:45

kaaleth wrote

Yannick, do you plan something to do with images? For example - to include lightbox or something similar?

No, not at this point.

You can do anything

By Yannick 12 March 2016 20:26

For those interested, we just pushed an update to GitHub (not yet in Preview) that allows the addition of custom CSS. 😉 So no more child themes necessary for minor changes (unless you want to).

You can do anything

By bem 12 March 2016 20:35

Member · 130 comments
Yannick wrote

For those interested, we just pushed an update to GitHub (not yet in Preview) that allows the addition of custom CSS. 😉 So no more child themes necessary for minor changes (unless you want to).

Nice addition.

By Yannick 14 March 2016 18:20

I'm happy to announce that today, we're releasing Luna 1.4 Preview 2! This is what's new since Preview 1:

- Fifteen's night mode has much improved contrast thanks to a new color scheme
- Backstage's night mode is currently getting a similar revamp as Fifteen's night mode has gotten, more to come in Preview 3
- Starting now, we'll allow translators to also translate the About screen
- The Backstage has received a minor design update, leaving less space between panels, redesigning About, etc.
- You can now upload a background for the header of the Mainstage and Backstage to be used (currently only supported by Fifteen and Backstage, Sunrise will follow)
- We've fixed the Lime accent color for Backstage
- Luna now includes a Dutch translation (it is also still in development)
- We have been working on cleaning up some translation strings, some strings said the same but used a different word and thus had to be translated from scratch, some strings only contained an URL, some strings weren't even necessary
- Luna now support Custom CSS for themes that support it (Fifteen and Sunrise provide support)
- The Backstage index has been reorganized
- The code base no longer provides support for PHP 5.2 and lower
- Fifteen's Light grey accent has been implemented
- Force accent has been implemented in Fifteen
- Fixes some minor markup bugs

And there is still so much more to come 🙂:

- We're planning to add custom placeholder avatar support build-in
- We're also planning to add some new accent colors for Backstage, Fifteen and Sunrise
- Sunrise 2.1 will pop up in one of the following Previews
- Improved meta tag usage for search engines
- SQLite 3 support, but this time no experimental driver: full bug-free support 🙂
- Revamped search results
- And more minor fixes and changes

But obviously, don't use this version in production environments just yet.

You can do anything

By kaaleth 14 March 2016 19:16

Member · 83 comments

The changelog looks great. Thanks for your hard work. I am going to try this on my localhost.

By Yannick 15 March 2016 17:30

I just downgraded the forum to Luna 1.4 to show of the actual next version of Luna instead of using a 2.0 Preview. Enjoy.

Some notes:
- People that are using any accent other than light blue, Luna blue, dark blue or purple will see a different accent. As we've added 3 new accents, the IDs of these accents have shifted, you need to go into your profile and change the accent accordingly. For example, users that choose Lime will now see a Pink accent.
- Which brings me to another note: accents are back for this forum due to the downgrade.
- Which brings me to another other note: go and try out the new Pink, Dark Red and Beige accents. 🙂
- You will have to log out and in again if you want to change your password.

You can do anything

By bem 15 March 2016 18:01

Member · 130 comments

It looks odd without the avatar in the top right corner. It's there on 1.3 and 2.0. Not on 1.4 though?

By Yannick 15 March 2016 18:06

bem wrote

It looks odd without the avatar in the top right corner. It's there on 1.3 and 2.0. Not on 1.4 though?

We've decided to drop that because the avatar is now often displayed on the left hand side in the sidebar. Adding an image in a Bootstrap navbar has always been kinda hacky so I'm leaving it out for this new version, I'm not sure Luna 2 will have it either.

I also want to share with you guys that Preview 3 will be another preview with feature updates and improvements to Fifteen, while with Preview 4 I will shift my focus to improving Sunrise and making it compatible with Luna 1.4. 🙂 That's not to say that Preview 4 will be the last preview before moving to beta, though.

You can do anything

By kaaleth 15 March 2016 19:22

Member · 83 comments

No colorized forum's list on sidebar? 🙁

---

It would be cool to add Affix plugin for left navigation (in topic view). Here is a little demo:

http://www.w3schools.com/bootstrap/tryb … al_nav.htm

Sometimes you have to scroll a lot of times to back to the category's forum or subscribe whole topic. Affix will be very helpful for this.

Last edited by kaaleth (15 March 2016 19:27)

By Yannick 15 March 2016 19:40

kaaleth wrote

Yeah, that was a Luna 2.0-thing that wasn't implemented into Luna 1.4. It will be back though, don't worry.

kaaleth wrote

It would be cool to add Affix plugin for left navigation (in topic view). Here is a little demo:

http://www.w3schools.com/bootstrap/tryb … al_nav.htm

Sometimes you have to scroll a lot of times to back to the category's forum or subscribe whole topic. Affix will be very helpful for this.

I have actually been looking into applying that for a while but so far I'm only planning to add it for Luna 2.0. I'll reconsider for 1.4, but I'm not promising anything.

You can do anything

By bem 15 March 2016 21:09

Member · 130 comments

Will 1.4 allow you to quick reply to PMs like you can on topics?

Also, don't know if you know but on a mobile you can scroll horizontally a bit.

By Yannick 15 March 2016 21:16

bem wrote

Will 1.4 allow you to quick reply to PMs like you can on topics?

The code for that feature is actually already there since 1.0 but commented out due to "issues". I'll take a look at it.
https://github.com/GetLuna/Luna/issues/1511

bem wrote

Only in the Backstage if I'm not mistaken. Does it happen on any Mainstage page? I know that people with a long username will have a profile that can scroll horizontal, my local version has a fix for that, though.

And before anyone comments on it: yes, I'm aware avatars in threads, profile, etc. are broken too. 🙂 And my local version also has a fix for that already.

You can do anything

By bem 15 March 2016 21:53

Member · 130 comments
Yannick wrote
bem wrote

Only in the Backstage if I'm not mistaken. Does it happen on any Mainstage page? I know that people with a long username will have a profile that can scroll horizontal, my local version has a fix for that, though.

I was viewing this thread on my phone and it was doing it. Just looked again and I can see what it is now... you quoted kaaleth 8th March 19:20 and the image url doesn't break.

By Yannick 16 March 2016 14:29

This new UI has a relaxing look if you ask me.
56e96c524cc10-newUI.png

56e96d0458934-enwUI2.png

56e96d0e6b1c4-newUI3.png

56e96db0462c0-newUI4.png

These images are (obviously) not part of Luna itself. You'll have to find your own.

You can do anything

By Yannick 16 March 2016 21:17

I have - by the way - updated the forums to version 1.4-alpha.2.3 (which we won't release, you can download it from GitHub, but we won't support it) which comes with the following improvements:

- 3 new accents, Dark Red, Beige and Pink for you guys to try out
- A couple of small database clean-ups
- Avatars now show up again in threads
- You can now quickly comment on Inbox messages from the message view
- Luna now comes with Animate.css build-in
- The notification icon will now blimp to draw attention whenever there are unread notifications every time you load a page (This is a preparation for merging the Inbox notifications with the Notification center, in a future update, Inbox will be moved under the profile menu, with it's notifications in the notification icon)
- When a header image is set, it is now also previewed in the Backstage
- You can now remove a header image through the Backstage's interface
- "Back to top" is more touch-friendly in Fifteen
- The forum title blocks now have a better responsive design
- And we've - despite earlier announcements that it would start when Preview 3 is done - started work on Sunrise 🙂
- The profile has an improved navigation on mobile devices, stay tuned for another revamp to the "About"-panel
- We've revamped the profile menu in the Backstage and other minor interface updates
- Fifteen has also received many design improvements and fixes

You can do anything

By bem 16 March 2016 22:06

Member · 130 comments
Yannick wrote

- The notification icon will now blimp to draw attention whenever there are unread notifications every time you load a page (This is a preparation for merging the Inbox notifications with the Notification center, in a future update, Inbox will be moved under the profile menu, with it's notifications in the notification icon)

Out of interest, how's that work on mobile devices? Or is there's going to be an indicator for Inbox and Notifications to show users to open the menu?

Yannick wrote

- And we've - despite earlier announcements that it would start when Preview 3 is done - started work on Sunrise 🙂

Awesome.

By kaaleth 17 March 2016 12:20

Member · 83 comments
Yannick wrote

http://www.imgdumper.nl/uploads9/56e96c … -newUI.png

http://www.imgdumper.nl/uploads9/56e96d … enwUI2.png

http://www.imgdumper.nl/uploads9/56e96d … newUI3.png

http://www.imgdumper.nl/uploads9/56e96d … newUI4.png

These images are (obviously) not part of Luna itself. You'll have to find your own.

How does it work? Different accent brings different baner?

By Yannick 17 March 2016 13:37

bem wrote
Yannick wrote

Out of interest, how's that work on mobile devices? Or is there's going to be an indicator for Inbox and Notifications to show users to open the menu?

The same as it does today: Notifications will be shown under the hamburger menu. Difference is, every time you unfold the menu, it will now also blimp.

kaaleth wrote
Yannick wrote

http://www.imgdumper.nl/uploads9/56e96c … -newUI.png

http://www.imgdumper.nl/uploads9/56e96d … enwUI2.png

http://www.imgdumper.nl/uploads9/56e96d … newUI3.png

http://www.imgdumper.nl/uploads9/56e96d … newUI4.png

How does it work? Different accent brings different baner?

No, I was just showing of the header feature. You have to upload an image yourself in the Backstage for all your users. Accent choice is up to your users. I just selected an accent that fitted with the heading for these 4 images.

You can do anything

By bem 17 March 2016 13:49

Member · 130 comments
Yannick wrote
bem wrote
Yannick wrote

The same as it does today: Notifications will be shown under the hamburger menu. Difference is, every time you unfold the menu, it will now also blimp.

Depending on how easy it is, maybe something like this could be an option?
mobile-notification_zpsez1lqotg.jpg
At least then people on mobiles know to drop down the menu for a notification.

By Yannick 17 March 2016 20:51

bem wrote
Yannick wrote
bem wrote

Depending on how easy it is, maybe something like this could be an option?
http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc24 … 1lqotg.jpg
At least then people on mobiles know to drop down the menu for a notification.

I'll look into it. 🙂

kaaleth wrote

I would like to answer this question again here, as a motivation to the "why?"-question. I'm still planning to put these colors back, no doubt about that, however, I've some issues with how to implement them. Currently, forums are not required to have an icon, and since the icons are used to indicate the color in the original concept, it is kind of a broken system. So any ideas how to implement them are welcome (1 border?, text color?).

--

In other news, I hope to release Preview 3 tomorrow. Sooner than I expected it to do.

You can do anything