Luna Emerald - UPDATE: 2.0.0 is here!

By Yannick 22 April 2016 14:19

Administrator · 1,453 comments

A little late, but...

Luna Emerald Beta 2 is now out

Bug fixes
- Fixes an issue an iOS devices where the front-end themes would be bugged up
- Fixes an issue where in mobile view the first panel in Content would not be visible

Known issues
- None 😄

--

This version has been available for a couple of days now already, but better late than never I guess.

You can do anything

By Vadim 22 April 2016 17:41

Member · 224 comments
Yannick wrote

I do not claim to support any browser and neither does including that line fix anything.

I added this code, now works in all browsers are all correct.

I do not understand the code. I am learning English.

By kaaleth 23 April 2016 08:11

Member · 83 comments

When I visit this forum, my browser shows me `wack protection` popup.

Last edited by kaaleth (23 April 2016 08:11)

By bem 23 April 2016 10:49

Member · 130 comments
kaaleth wrote

Yeah I've been getting that today as well. Pops up 3 times before loading the forum - it is only on the forum that it's doing this.

By Vadim 24 April 2016 08:14

Member · 224 comments

youtube video (Luna 2.0-beta.2)

Show related videos after the completion of view - it is necessary to turn off. The user is distracted and leaves.

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/OG2eGVt6v2o"></iframe> -  turn on
<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/OG2eGVt6v2o?rel=0"></iframe> -  turn off

I found the solution!
I when I insert a link, I add this:

?rel=0
[video]https://youtu.be/OG2eGVt6v2o[/video]
[video]https://youtu.be/OG2eGVt6v2o?rel=0[/video]

I think this guide, you need to add in the "Help"
forum.getluna.org/help.php (Media Video)

But I think best to disable in the code.

Last edited by Vadim (24 April 2016 08:32)

By Vadim 24 April 2016 09:15

Member · 224 comments

SEO in thread (Luna 2.0-beta.2)

The title should be tagged as H1.
At the moment, when I look at the code, there is no H1 tag. There have only H2 tag.

Maybe I'm wrong.
But WordPress logo is not tagged as H1.
In WordPress thread title (post name) is the tag H1.

Last edited by Vadim (24 April 2016 10:07)

By Yannick 24 April 2016 19:29

bem wrote
kaaleth wrote

Yeah I've been getting that today as well. Pops up 3 times before loading 1 forum - it is only on 1 forum that it's doing this.

I'm sorry, it's is doing what? Where?

Vadim wrote
Yannick wrote

I do not claim to support any browser and neither does including that line fix anything.

I added this code, now works in all browsers are all correct.

It's correct in all browsers with that code and without it. This is not an error but just the behavior of Chrome and Firefox, not something we mess with.

You can do anything

By Yannick 25 April 2016 20:24

The First Release Candidate is now available. It fixes the user list pagination, an alignment issue and other issues. Go get it now!

You can do anything

By Vadim 26 April 2016 19:01

Member · 224 comments

Small bug 1 (Luna-luna-2.0-rc.1.zip)

When I'm
forum.com/backstage/index.php
I press the button "notifications" = Not Found

forum.com/backstage/notifications.php

---

Small bug 2 (Luna-luna-2.0-rc.1.zip)
I uploaded Favicon (favicon.png)

forum.com/backstage/index.php - displayed
forum.com/index.php - not displayed

---

Small bug 3 (Luna-luna-2.0-rc.1.zip)
forum.com/help.php
jquery.min.js:2  Uncaught Error: Syntax error, unrecognized expression: [href=]

---

Big bug 4 (Luna-luna-2.0-rc.1.zip)
When I add youtube video, not work button "full screen".

Last edited by Vadim (27 April 2016 11:54)

By Yannick 29 April 2016 07:14

1. You're running behind, this has been fixed for a while
2. Investigating fixed in RC2
3. Was already fixed in the development branch
4. Investigating fixed in RC2

You can do anything

By Yannick 6 May 2016 10:18

And here we are, with the final Preview! At least I hope so...

Luna Emerald Release Candidate 2 is now out

Changes and improvements
- Font Awesome has been updated from version 4.6.1 to 4.6.2
- After installation, the instructions to go to your board now have a matching design to the default installer
- The accent listing logic has been improved
- The "Appearance" icon in Backstage and your profile has been updated to match each other
- Update the YouTube implementation in the parser

Bug fixes
- Setting the Sunrise theme will no longer bug up the board
- Fixes an issue where the favicon would fail to be displayed

Known issues
- When saving settings, it will reset the accent color to black
- When a comment contains a quote with name, the "Reports" area in the Backstage will apply the footer style to it

--

With some good luck a third Release Candidate won't be necessary and the next release will be 2.0.0!

You can do anything

By bem 6 May 2016 11:42

Member · 130 comments

Hi Yannick, with the meta descriptions, on the thread view would it be possible to use the thread title instead of the board description (maybe also including the page number so you don't have multiple pages with the same description (not essential though to include the page number if that can't be achieved))? Apart from that, I think the meta descriptions addition is great and can only thank you for it.

Also, when registering a new user - I just registered a new user on my localhost as a tester account - you get the message:

We've got us a situation here.
Thank you for registering. Your password has been sent to the specified address. If it doesn't arrive you can contact the forum administrator at *****@*****.co.uk

Why does it say "We've got us a situation here." That probably needs to be reworded.

Okay, so I never got a new user email for my new registered account (the one containing password) which could just be me. So I changed the account to be verified with my admin account - however I then encountered another problem. I don't know the password for the newly registered account to log in and test, so with my admin account I tried to change the password for the new user and I get the error: You do not have permission to access this page. So it doesn't seem that admin can change a users password?

Last edited by bem (6 May 2016 11:53)

By Vadim 6 May 2016 13:24

Member · 224 comments

Small bug 1 (Luna-luna-2.0-rc.2.zip)

When I'm
I press the button "notifications" = Not Found (forum.com/backstage/notifications.php)

Last edited by Vadim (6 May 2016 13:25)

By Yannick 6 May 2016 13:45

bem wrote

Hi Yannick, with the meta descriptions, on the thread view would it be possible to use the thread title instead of the board description (maybe also including the page number so you don't have multiple pages with the same description (not essential though to include the page number if that can't be achieved))? Apart from that, I think the meta descriptions addition is great and can only thank you for it.

Not going to happen in 2.0 anymore. Sorry. Perhaps for 2.1.

bem wrote

Also, when registering a new user - I just registered a new user on my localhost as a tester account - you get the message:

We've got us a situation here.
Thank you for registering. Your password has been sent to the specified address. If it doesn't arrive you can contact the forum administrator at *****@*****.co.uk

Why does it say "We've got us a situation here." That probably needs to be reworded.

That's just the generic "info" message, perhaps poor wording indeed...

bem wrote

Okay, so I never got a new user email for my new registered account (the one containing password) which could just be me. So I changed the account to be verified with my admin account - however I then encountered another problem. I don't know the password for the newly registered account to log in and test, so with my admin account I tried to change the password for the new user and I get the error: You do not have permission to access this page. So it doesn't seem that admin can change a users password?

This should always be possible and works fine for me here. I suggest that you go to the Backstage and go to the group settings for Administrators and just hit "Save". There might be a configuration issue and saving the Administrator group always resets all admin permissions.

Anyway, about the email issue. Are you certain that it is "just you"? This might be a serious problem.

Vadim wrote

When I'm
I press the button "notifications" = Not Found (forum.com/backstage/notifications.php)

Fixed.

You can do anything

By Vadim 6 May 2016 14:00

Member · 224 comments
Yannick wrote
Vadim wrote

When I'm

Fixed.

Does not work. I downloaded a fresh file. I uploaded on hosting. Clear cache. Checked. Does not work.

xT4uQnvBTUeIr13Yek.gif

Last edited by Vadim (6 May 2016 14:06)

By Yannick 6 May 2016 14:31

Vadim wrote
Yannick wrote
Vadim wrote

When I'm

Fixed.

Does not work. I downloaded a fresh file. I uploaded on hosting. Clear cache. Checked. Does not work.

Never said I pushed the fix. I'm talking about my local branch.

You can do anything

By bem 6 May 2016 15:03

Member · 130 comments
Yannick wrote
bem wrote

This should always be possible and works fine for me here. I suggest that you go to the Backstage and go to the group settings for Administrators and just hit "Save". There might be a configuration issue and saving the Administrator group always resets all admin permissions.

Anyway, about the email issue. Are you certain that it is "just you"? This might be a serious problem.

Okay, fixed the password thing - what you suggested worked. So when I upgrade my board come the 2.0 release, I'll make sure I do that just in case I ever need to manually reset someones password.

The email thing might not just be me... I mean my localhost has never had an issue with sending off an email before.

What happened to the notification when a new inbox message is received? It was meant to flash, or bounce, or something... but it appears to be the same as what was with 1.3.

Last edited by bem (6 May 2016 15:11)

By Yannick 6 May 2016 16:43

bem wrote
Yannick wrote
bem wrote

Okay, fixed the password thing - what you suggested worked. So when I upgrade my board come the 2.0 release, I'll make sure I do that just in case I ever need to manually reset someones password.

The email thing might not just be me... I mean my localhost has never had an issue with sending off an email before.

What happened to the notification when a new inbox message is received? It was meant to flash, or bounce, or something... but it appears to be the same as what was with 1.3.

The notification icon is animated with new notifications, the Inbox icon isn't.

Well... after typing that, it doesn't make much sense... 🙁 Mmmm... *changes behavior*

You can do anything

By Vadim 7 May 2016 14:52

Member · 224 comments
Yannick wrote

Never said I pushed the fix. I'm talking about my local branch.

Thank you!
It is necessary to add button "Thank you"

By Yannick 8 May 2016 21:51

We're now testing Release Candidate 3. This release won't be made available (but you can download the code on GitHub). However, it contains the following changes:

- New Inbox items will now make the Inbox-icon flash like the notification icon
- Fixes an issue with Notifications when the fly-out was disabled
- Fixes issues with accents when settings where saved in the Backstage and profile
- Quotes with titles no longer have a footer style in reports
- Improved installation for permissions

Have a nice day! Tomorrow might very well be the Luna 2.0 release day! 😄

You can do anything

By Vadim 9 May 2016 03:10

Member · 224 comments

Luna 2.0 RC 2
- NEW The parser now supports the spoiler-tag optionally

But, I tried, I do not work spoiler-tag

[spoiler]NEW The parser now supports the spoiler-tag optionally[/spoiler]

By bem 9 May 2016 21:09

Member · 130 comments
Vadim wrote

Luna 2.0 RC 2
- NEW The parser now supports the spoiler-tag optionally

But, I tried, I do not work spoiler-tag

[spoiler]NEW The parser now supports the spoiler-tag optionally[/spoiler]

Did you tick it on the backstage area? Backstage > settings > features > bbcode panel

With regards to sub-forums, it seems odd that the side menu has back to index on it. Would make more sense to be back to parent forum. Just a suggestion.

I'm liking what I've tested so far though. Probably won't upgrade my boards until the weekend whilst I continue testing 2.0 on my localhost and making the odd change here and there to suit what I need. Only issue at the moment (and it's not really that much of an issue) is the sub-forum thing mentioned above. That seems to be it though 🙂

By Vadim 11 May 2016 07:13

Member · 224 comments
bem wrote
Vadim wrote

I tried, I do not work spoiler-tag

Did you tick it on the backstage area? Backstage > settings > features > bbcode panel

Wow! Thank you! Working!

It is necessary to add a function:
Only registered users are allowed to see the contents of the spoiler.
This will provide an incentive to register.

Last edited by Vadim (11 May 2016 07:17)

By Lirodon 20 May 2016 06:29

Member · 25 comments

I never upgraded to 1.3.1; you can go right from that to 2.0, right?

By Yannick 20 May 2016 11:08

Lirodon wrote

I never upgraded to 1.3.1; you can go right from that to 2.0, right?

All versions of Luna and ModernBB are supported to upgrade. As are all version of FluxBB since 1.4.0. 😉

You can do anything