translation tool

By xilef 9 October 2014 08:21

Member · 10 comments

I read somewhere that there should be a translation tool for Luna in the future...

I know that the deadline for "Preview 1" is getting closer and all developers are probably very busy.
But is someone already working on this tool?
And if not, I just wanted to know whether something is planned for this tool in terms of software design? Are there any guidelines or design requirements, which a developer have to pay attention to?

By Yannick 9 October 2014 15:00

Administrator · 1,390 comments

We currenlty don't have anything planned, and translations won't be our focus until we get to beta stage. I don't understand what you want to know about design requirements and guidelines in the last question, why do you want to know? (Through we're going with the Luna design language and coding conventions for this)

You can do anything

By xilef 9 October 2014 15:37

Member · 10 comments

I thought there might be directives such as how the database should look like or how it should be changed (new tables, and new columns for users and groups).
What permissions should exist (add/edit/delete strings, add new languages etc...).
Whether the Translation Center should be a plugin or just a unique page. Or if it should even go in Luna-Core.

But if nothing is planned yet, I'll start to work on. Maybe I can program something useful.

By Yannick 9 October 2014 16:18

Well, the Translation Center should be able to push out a file that looks like our current language files. It would be useful if it can make use of the Luna database for users and permissions for sure (perhaps with it's own page under "Extensions"). Note that the Translation Center is supposed to be part of ModernBB.be (that is, the future Luna-website URL (because we're moving later this year)). If you think you're up to the task to build something like that, be my guest! I would be very happy. If you want, I make a repository in the ModernBB Organization on GitHub for you to push it too.

You can do anything

By xilef 9 October 2014 16:29

Member · 10 comments

That sounds very good. I will work for a week on it and see how fast I can present a preview. I would then ask you to look at the preview and give me some feedback. If the work is good enough, it would be my joy to push it to a github repository and continue to work on it.

By Yannick 9 October 2014 18:17

Alright, I'm looking forward to it!

You can do anything

By Erkan 29 October 2014 06:19

Member · 10 comments

Why fluxbb translates is not used as begin and then have changes over ?

By Yannick 29 October 2014 07:32

Because a lot of the strings have been changed, they are barely compatible.

You can do anything