Welcome to Luna

By Yannick 17 January 2015 09:39

Administrator · 1,437 comments

Hello everybody!

In case you didn't notice, we've updated our board from ModernBB 3.6 to Luna 0.2. Yes indeed, it's time for all of you to start testing out the new features here at the official ModernBB and Luna support board! We're looking at build 3640 3660 right now, and this version is also available to download for you guys! So go get it right now at our download page!

If there are no showstopper issues, we will release this build to you guys and support it officialy starting January 18th!

Enjoy! You can report bugs in the comments!

Known bugs

We'll try to fix as much of these as possible before releasing Preview 2. Issues that have been striped through are fixed in the Preview 2 build.
  • When posting a new topic, the post.php page shows a wrong title
  • First run can't be disabled
  • When opening the "users online" list, the text will become unreadable
  • The profile signature box doesn't show the signature
  • The settings page's "Admin"-pane has rendering issues
  • Everyone can see and manage everyones notifications (however, only the admin (id 2) can get a notification for now, no big issue at this point)
  • Some moderation actions do not work
  • Quotes do not work
  • Quotes take a part of the footer style in their design
  • Subscription links is missing
  • Normal users can't edit their posts
  • Forgotten password in First Run shows blank screen instead of the modal it should load
  • Sunrise/login.php is included before the DOCTYPE
  • Sunrise/thread.php loads independedly from permissions

Other issues

These issues are not likely to be fixed in the first Preview 2 build, perhaps in a later update or Preview 3...

You can do anything

By Raf 17 January 2015 11:00

Member · 67 comments

Cool! love the new design, through it feels like the topic sidebar is a little bit empty... are these bugs going to be fixed in tomorrow's release or will we have to wait until the next update? also, since you've updated this board, is it save to update our boards as wel to this release? I would like to use it.

i already changed the color from the default blue to that second blue, it looks realy nice like that! you werent lying when you said that preview 2 would be a much more polished version then preview 1! 🙂 also: new emoticons! yay!

By Yannick 17 January 2015 11:06

Cool! love the new design, through it feels like the topic sidebar is a little bit empty... are these bugs going to be fixed in tomorrow's release or will we have to wait until the next update? also, since you've updated this board, is it save to update our boards as wel to this release? I would like to use it.

i already changed the color from the default blue to that second blue, it looks realy nice like that! you werent lying when you said that preview 2 would be a much more polished version then preview 1! ☺ also: new emoticons! yay!

Great that you like it. I will fix some of the major bugs that we're facing in the 3640 build, I'm not sure all bugs will be fixed by tomorrows release. Some fixes will have to wait until the Update, indeed. Anyway, don't update your own board. It's still early preview software. Yeah, we did it, but we're testing it here, so we had a very good reason to do so. I hope you'll enjoy it!

You can do anything

By Quy 17 January 2015 15:46

Member · 7 comments

"Forgetten password" link in First run box displays a blank screen.

Sunrise/login.php is included before <!DOCTYPE html> and should not be loaded to logged users.

Sunrise/thread.php is loaded even with no post permission.

This is no longer the case as stated in help page: "You can see if images and smilies are disabled below the editor. If the labels have a red background, those features aren't available for you.".

By Quy 17 January 2015 16:02

Member · 7 comments

No links to subscribe/unsubscribe.

PS: I am not able to edit my postings.

By Yannick 17 January 2015 16:31

No links to subscribe/unsubscribe.

PS: I am not able to edit my postings.

Ha yes, forgot to add them back... Reading list was suposed to replace the subscribition system... Both are added.

You can do anything

By Yannick 17 January 2015 21:20

Just updated the board from version 0.2.3640 to 0.2.3652, this fixes all issues that are striped through above. Thanks to Quy for reporting some of these issues. 🙂

You can do anything

By Raf 17 January 2015 23:40

Member · 67 comments

Is the preview 2 still on track for today with these bugs reported?

By Yannick 18 January 2015 07:11

Raf wrote

Is the preview 2 still on track for today with these bugs reported?

Preview 2 is still on track for today. 😉

You can do anything

By Yannick 18 January 2015 08:21

Quy wrote

Can you tell me what you mean with this? Where does this happen?

You can do anything

By Raf 18 January 2015 08:36

Member · 67 comments

Cool! great to see all those issues getting fixed before you release this...

and i continue to love these new emoticons! 😋 the dropdown for them is great 😄

By Yannick 18 January 2015 09:22

Luna Preview 2 is now available! Version 0.2.3660 is our final Preview 2 build. All fixes that are listed above and strikethrough has been applied on, are fixed in this release (and we've updated our board to that version, too).

You can do anything

By xQu 18 January 2015 10:05

Member · 11 comments

Amazing! Good Work! I wating to 0.5 stable 🙂

By Quy 18 January 2015 12:11

Member · 7 comments

For the quickpost form and Post button.

Pagination not in the same location. Is this intentional?
http://forum.getluna.org/index.php?id=12 (left)
http://forum.getluna.org/viewtopic.php?id=492 (upper right)

Display issue in userlist:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/428 … erlist.jpg

Show posts: Links not going to the their respective postings. Also, possibly missing New Posts string after the title.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/428 … wposts.jpg

I assume the following will be implemented in upcoming releases:
Show the number of views for each topic.
Show information about the poster under the username in topic view.
Show the number of posts a user has made in topic view, profile and user list.
Show the "Moderated by" list when moderators are set on a per-forum base.

By Yannick 18 January 2015 13:34

The inconsistent placing of the pagination is intentional. Well, it shouldn't be like that, but the style is simple a work in progress (idem dito for the userlist). Search will also get a redesign (to match the forum view), I'll fix the issues for search then.

Further, the 4 things you mention are something we want to bring back, I'm still figuring out how to implement these, through. Anyway, thanks for the feedback.

You can do anything

By KnownSyntax 20 January 2015 22:00

Member · 8 comments

I must say that Luna is looking pretty nice. I love the new text box editor, it fits in so much more with the whole modern yet simple feel.

Keep up the great work!

FreshAquaria - Freshwater Discussion and Knowledgebase

By I-Mixail 22 January 2015 14:32

Member · 66 comments

No! 🙁 It's not for me. Very similar to Vanilla forum. Not easy navigation. In Russia, this will not be accepted. Please develop modernbb!

I am very bad know English....

By Yannick 22 January 2015 19:56

I-Mixail wrote

No! 🙁 It's not for me. Very similar to Vanilla forum. Not easy navigation. In Russia, this will not be accepted. Please develop modernbb!

No worries, later versions of Luna (we're hoping Luna 0.5) will feature the good old Random style too, that brings back the old interface for the Mainstage with the new features from Luna. 😉 Please follow this ticket for more information:

https://github.com/ModernBB/Luna/issues/1071

You can do anything

By I-Mixail 23 January 2015 18:45

Member · 66 comments

I very much hope that you will do nicely. I'm still using version 3.5.0 - I like. 😎
Can I use the new features in its form without updating?

I am very bad know English....

By rolfo 25 January 2015 21:33

Member · 86 comments

No worries, later versions of Luna (we're hoping Luna 0.5) will feature the good old Random style too, that brings back the old interface for the Mainstage with the new features from Luna. ?

Great news! ^-^

By Abdulhalim 26 January 2015 14:11

Member · 59 comments

I have some problem with awesome font-face ,  some of smileys showing just square box instead icon , i like the classic graphical

Britney Spears Persian Fans | www.Britney.in

By rolfo 26 January 2015 16:21

Member · 86 comments

Same here with 😐 and 😏

By Abdulhalim 26 January 2015 16:28

Member · 59 comments
rolfo wrote

Same here with 😐 and 😏

Yes exactly

By Yannick 26 January 2015 18:00

Can you tell me what OS you're using and what browser? Windows XP and Vista do not support emojis. Neither do we support Windows XP and Vista. We might put in a fall back for these 2 through. If you're on Windows 7, you might want to update your system, emoji support is added to Windows 7 through an update.

You can do anything

By Abdulhalim 26 January 2015 18:02

Member · 59 comments

Windows 7 x64
Firefox 35

By rolfo 27 January 2015 21:20

Member · 86 comments

Win 7 x64 (up2date)

On Firefox 35, Internet Explorer 11 and Dolphin Browser (Android 4.4.2) there are little boxes or whitespace instead of these two smilies. All other smilies work fine.

The funny thing is, that the android stock browser (Is it based on chrome?) displays them.
Don't know, what this means.

By Yannick 10 February 2015 20:35

Preview 3 is now available for download.

Anyway, Chrome and the Android Stock Browser aren't based upon each other, but they do share the same core. Through Dolphin Browser should display them correctly on Android 4.4. I'll see what I'll do with it.

You can do anything

By njimret 17 February 2015 10:55

Member · 33 comments

WOW I'm amazed from Luna good job keep it up!

-a

By Yannick 8 March 2015 16:18

It's coming to a close...

You can do anything

By kaaleth 19 April 2015 08:53

Member · 83 comments

Thanks for great discussion board product. 🙂

I see, you have been inspired by modern design. I love it, so keep going!  😎