ModernBB 4.0: The final release

By Yannick 28 July 2015 14:08

Administrator · 1,453 comments

Hey everybody,

On our blog, we published some information about when we'll end support for ModernBB, and while we've announced way back when we launched Luna 1.0, we've now come to a point where we got a - kind of - date. However, we didn't want to end ModernBB that easy, so we've decided to take some time to make a nice final release in the form of ModernBB 4.0. We promised that we would back-port some of Luna's features, and we did just that with ModernBB 3.6 and 3.7. In 4.0, it's the Backstage's turn.

Read the blog post: http://getluna.org/blog/?p=780

Cheers
- Yannick

You can do anything

By Raf 28 July 2015 17:49

Member · 68 comments

why still put time and energy in modernbb?

By rolfo 28 July 2015 18:18

Member · 86 comments

Because it is a nice piece of software, which is functional, stable and maybe some guys want to use it instead of luna.

By Yannick 28 July 2015 19:08

Because I've promised to support ModernBB after the launch of Luna and I've promised to bring features from Luna to ModernBB. On the other hand, there is not much reason not to upgrade. Luna could have very well been this ModernBB 4.0 and then this would never have happened, but apparently, it's all in a name...

You can do anything

By Yannick 29 July 2015 14:47

I've just finished the major work on the new Backstage for ModernBB. Some small things are left out to do, including adding a warning to upgrade to Luna.

You can do anything