Got the answer? Mark as solved!

By Yannick 13 September 2015 11:58

Administrator · 1,417 comments

Hey everybody,

Today, we're happy to release the first preview of Luna 1.2. As said earlier, we've been working on a "Solved"-feature and now it has landed in the core. And as we Always keep ourselves up-to-date on the latest nightly here, this feature is now also available to all of you.

Hereby, I would like to point out that if you have a question and that question gets answered, that you click the new "Answer"-link in the bottom of the comment that solved your issue. By doing this, a green check-mark will appear on the topic view and it is easier for users to see what topic is solved and where it was solved (as the comment itself also gets marked).

I know that this is a much requested feature since the beginning of ModernBB, and now, with Luna 1.2, it's finally here.

Enjoy!

PS: As an example, I've marked this topic as solved myself with the start comment.

You can do anything

By Vadim 13 September 2015 13:12

Member · 224 comments

Cool!
But when a person is not login. He does not see the green mark "Solved".
I think maybe need to fix.

I do not understand the code. I am learning English.

By rolfo 14 September 2015 10:34

Member · 86 comments

Well done. I really like the green color. Would be interesting how it is adapted in night mode. Is the color changeable for a themes creator?

Also:
Will there be a possibility to add more 'tags' and therefor icons to mark a topic?

And another one:
The topic starter could mark a post as the best answer. But this could be implemented via a plugin.

By Yannick 14 September 2015 10:57

Administrator · 1,417 comments
Vadim wrote

Cool!
But when a person is not login. He does not see the green mark "Solved".
I think maybe need to fix.

Thanks for reporting. 😁 I've just pushed a fix for this.

rolfo wrote

1. Well done. I really like the green color. Would be interesting how it is adapted in night mode. Is the color changeable for a themes creator?

2. Also:
Will there be a possibility to add more 'tags' and therefor icons to mark a topic?

3. And another one:
The topic starter could mark a post as the best answer. But this could be implemented via a plugin.

1. The color is to be set by the themes and support for this has to be build into the themes (just as with reported and soft deleted posts).

2. Not planned, so far there are only the "Posted", "Pinned", "Solved", "Closed" and "Moved" labels, I'm not planning to add any additional tags.

3. As forums are typically to discus problems and to search for answers, I do not consider this something a plugin should provide. Also, most of the system that is needed for this feature is already in place with the Reported and Soft deleted posts, this isn't anything major to add.

You can do anything