Feedback on databases

By Yannick 3 November 2015 21:20

Administrator · 1,390 comments

Hey everybody,

For an upcoming release of Luna, we're heavily looking into the databases we support right now. At this moment, we support MySQL, MySQLi, SQLite and PostgreSQL. For this future update we're looking into support for 2 additional schemes. MariaDB is the first one and this shouldn't be so hard as this is backwards compatible, however, we're also looking into MSSQL support.

Say what you think, and most important: tell us which database type you use. Does it make sense for us to go support MariaDB and MSSQL? Or should we continue to support the databases we support today?

Tell me!
- Yannick

You can do anything

By Vadim 3 November 2015 21:32

Member · 224 comments

Hi

My hosting says: support MySQL 5.1.x

Last edited by Vadim (4 November 2015 09:39)

I do not understand the code. I am learning English.

By bem 4 November 2015 08:21

Member · 118 comments

If they're additional, I don't see the harm. Although I can't say I'd use them though.

By Lirodon 6 November 2015 06:40

Member · 25 comments

Our hosting uses a MySQL derivative (Percona) and it works just fine. Any DB that is a drop-in MySQL replacement should work just fine without any special treatment.

By Yannick 23 November 2015 23:08

Administrator · 1,390 comments

Is anyone actually using PostgreSQL?

You can do anything

By EnglishParrot 25 November 2015 16:58

Member · 56 comments

Look Yannick, The MSSQL only exists in the Microsoft Windows based hosting services, good?
In these hosts, We have both of MySQL and MSSQL Databases, That's why we can install Luna on Windows hosts, Now, Why we need a MSSQL Support section in Luna?