Luna 1.3.1 does not install to the server with PHP 7.0

By lukakovacic 7 January 2016 14:11

Member · 3 comments

Hello,
I cannot install Luna 1.3.1 to my web server with PHP 7.0. The installer (website.com/installer.php) opens, I entered CORRECT data and then suddenly, when I send the "form" it blanks out - blank "white" page. Is this a bug?

speedtest.net

By bem 7 January 2016 15:25

Member · 117 comments

There are a few changes in PHP 7 that aren't backwards compatible. Surprised anyone is actually using it at the moment to be honest, unless it's used for all bespoke code. I can't imagine there are many, if any, forums that are updated for PHP7 yet - it was only released last month after all. Check your servers error log though.

One to check - mysql_ functions are completely gone in PHP7, so make sure you're not selecting MySQL Standard (I believe that's the one that points to the mysql_ functions in Luna) as your database type. Use mysqli (MySQL Improved) or something.

By Yannick 7 January 2016 18:02

Administrator · 1,387 comments

If mysql_ isn't available, Luna should just ignore it. I'll take a look into what's causing the issue tomorrow.

You can do anything

By Yannick 8 January 2016 15:36

I am unable to reproduce this behavior running PHP 7.0. If you reload, does you still get a blank page? Is the database made? Or the config file?

You can do anything

By lukakovacic 9 January 2016 08:06

Member · 3 comments

Hello,
I am sorry for posting this issue. It seemed to be a bad upload. I deleted all Luna files and uploaded them again over FTP, and now it works great!

I can just tell you that Luna is one of the first scripts some-what supporting PHP 7.0.

Kind regards,
Luka

speedtest.net

By Yannick 9 January 2016 15:36

We should actually support PHP 7 fully. If you find any issues, please report them. 😁

You can do anything

By lukakovacic 10 January 2016 13:49

Member · 3 comments

Ok. Thank you for your time.

Kind regards,
Luka

speedtest.net