Upgrade from modernBB to Luna - Some wired mistakes

By Raphael 11 February 2016 01:24

Member · 4 comments

Hello,

I upgraded from modernBB 1.3.5300 to Luna 1.3.1 and have some mistakes now.

Problem 1:
I can't delete private messages. Nobody can't delete it.

Problem 2:
I can't see the "Send"-button for the emails, example.

Problem 3:
I don't receive notifications for subscribed forums/threads.

Question:
How I can set a background at the headers and the forum-bar. In modernBB, could I do that with CSS, example.

Best

Raphael

By Raphael 11 February 2016 02:16

Member · 4 comments
Raphael wrote

Question:
How I can set a background at the headers and the forum-bar. In modernBB, could I do that with CSS, example.

Solved.

By Raphael 11 February 2016 03:34

Member · 4 comments

Problem 4:
When I create a new sub-forum (e.g. name: "Blah") , after this, all my forum + sub-forum has the same name (rename auto all in "Blah").

Last edited by Raphael (11 February 2016 03:35)

By bem 11 February 2016 09:42

Member · 117 comments
Raphael wrote

Problem 4:
When I create a new sub-forum (e.g. name: "Blah") , after this, all my forum + sub-forum has the same name (rename auto all in "Blah").

I had that. I didn't know what caused it so didn't report it myself. But yeah, all forums ended up with the same name and description.

By Yannick 11 February 2016 09:47

Administrator · 1,387 comments

Wait. From what version did you upgrade? There is ModernBB 1.3.5300. There is however a Luna version labeled 1.3.5300, however, that's the same version as 1.3.1 (one is the core version, and 1.3.1 is the corresponding Luna version).

Anyway:

Problem 1: Where does it go wrong? Do you get the modal overlay to ask if you're sure you want to delete, or does that not pop up either?

Problem 2: It seems to me like you just have to refresh you cache here. hit F5.

Problem 3: This works fine on my end. Are you certain you're subscribed?

Problem 4: This works also fine on my end. Not sure what might be causing that behavior either. I'll look into it.

You can do anything

By bem 11 February 2016 11:40

Member · 117 comments

I'm not sure what caused mine - not even sure it was creating a sub forum. I think it happened when I created a new category and then created a new forum and added that to the new category - everything ended up with the same information. Luckily had taken a back up recently so could just put the forum names and descriptions back to what they should be. Only happened the once though, and didn't have any issues after that. Wasn't able to replicate it, hence why I never reported it.

By Raphael 12 February 2016 02:20

Member · 4 comments
Yannick wrote

Wait. From what version did you upgrade? There is ModernBB 1.3.5300. There is however a Luna version labeled 1.3.5300, however, that's the same version as 1.3.1 (one is the core version, and 1.3.1 is the corresponding Luna version).

Sorry. From modernBB 3.6.0 to Luna 1.3.1.

Yannick wrote

Problem 1: Where does it go wrong? Do you get the modal overlay to ask if you're sure you want to delete, or does that not pop up either?

The pop-up is coming, but shows no reaction. There is no instruction what the button should do (by me).

Yannick wrote

Problem 2: It seems to me like you just have to refresh you cache here. hit F5.

Unfortunately without success.

Yannick wrote

Problem 3: This works fine on my end. Are you certain you're subscribed?

I am sure, that I have subscribed to it.

Raphael wrote

Problem 4:

bem wrote

I had that. I didn't know what caused it so didn't report it myself. But yeah, all forums ended up with the same name and description.

Yannick wrote

Problem 4: This works also fine on my end. Not sure what might be causing that behavior either. I'll look into it.

bem wrote

I think it happened when I created a new category and then created a new forum and added that to the new category - everything ended up with the same information. Luckily had taken a back up recently so could just put the forum names and descriptions back to what they should be. Only happened the once though, and didn't have any issues after that. Wasn't able to replicate it, hence why I never reported it.

Yeah, I mean this! Thanks for the detailed explanation.

Meanwhile, we have found the problem.

UPDATE forum SET forum_name='Bla', forum_desc=NULL, parent_id=0, sort_by=0, cat_id=1, icon='', color=''#2788cb'', solved=1 WHERE id=45

The "double quotation marks" in color are the problem at board.php#L152.

After

#2788cb'', solved=1 WHERE id=45

this, the command is not executed.

The problem has a friend founded (called Yannick too 😄).