Welcome to the Luna 2 Preview

By Yannick 20 January 2016 17:20

Administrator · 1,434 comments

You may have noticed that our board has received a couple of minor visual changes: the forum colors are now indicated in the forum list and the labels in the thread list have been reversed. That's because we're now running Luna 2.0 Preview! 😄

Or rather, a very early version of the first preview that we're hoping to release somewhere next month. This code isn't available for you guys to test out so you'll have to do with our board. Now, not much has changed on the front-end, we only included the visual changes to make it more obvious who was running Luna 2.0 when we would release the first preview.

The real work is being done in the Backstage. As many of you know, we're rebuilding the Backstage from scratch as a stand-alone component during the first preview. Lot's of work has been done already, but there is still plenty more to come. Stay tuned for more news about the full Preview 1 release on our blog.

However, because there aren't any changes, doesn't mean that there might not be any bugs, and I would like to know everything about them. So tell me, here, in this thread.

Also, people that have been using accents might notice that they are thrown back to the default blue. That's because the accent system has temporarily been dropped. It will be back soon!

You can do anything

By Raf 23 January 2016 23:56

Member · 66 comments

looking forward to the update 😄

By EnglishParrot 24 January 2016 12:04

Member · 56 comments

I think Flarum is a great platform to inspire features from. ( Features like drog-drop boxes, click to see the next posts in a single page and ... )
Many features will improve Luna's interface. However, You yourself know better know is it effective or not.

By Quy 24 January 2016 20:18

Member · 7 comments

Go to a forum. There are 2 dots between the date and the number of comments.

Click on New icon. In the search results, click on the New post icon. The id value is missing:

http://forum.getluna.org/thread.php?id=&action=new

Last edited by Quy (24 January 2016 20:24)

By Yannick 24 January 2016 20:59

EnglishParrot wrote

I think Flarum is a great platform to inspire features from. ( Features like drog-drop boxes, click to see the next posts in a single page and ... )
Many features will improve Luna's interface. However, You yourself know better know is it effective or not.

I'm note sure I want to take to much of a peek to Flarum. It's kinda the opposite direction of where I want Luna to go. Sure, plenty of new features will be added for the next big release, but a lot of Flarum's feature are heavily using Javascript, and that's kinda against my policy.

Quy wrote

Go to a forum. There are 2 dots between the date and the number of comments.

Click on New icon. In the search results, click on the New post icon. The id value is missing:

http://forum.getluna.org/thread.php?id=&action=new

Thanks for the reports, these will be fixed. 🙂

You can do anything

By KnownSyntax 11 March 2016 06:50

Member · 8 comments

I like the way that Luna is going in, seriously keep up the great work! It's insane to see the major difference from ModernBB to Luna 1.x and now to 2.x. The newest version makes everything feel so flat but it all works together in a really nice way.

Only thing I could ask for is to maybe increase the space between posts since right now they stack it's hard to skim through and see where one post ends compared to the next. Just an opinion, something I guess people could do (editing the templates) if required or wanted.

Last edited by KnownSyntax (11 March 2016 06:51)

FreshAquaria - Freshwater Discussion and Knowledgebase

By Yannick 11 March 2016 12:05

KnownSyntax wrote

I like the way that Luna is going in, seriously keep up the great work! It's insane to see the major difference from ModernBB to Luna 1.x and now to 2.x. The newest version makes everything feel so flat but it all works together in a really nice way.

Only thing I could ask for is to maybe increase the space between posts since right now they stack it's hard to skim through and see where one post ends compared to the next. Just an opinion, something I guess people could do (editing the templates) if required or wanted.

There should be a line between comments. Anyway, I'm planning to add a "Custom CSS" field in the Backstage to allow you to make some changes without the need of a child theme. That is already planned for 1.4, so you don't have to wait that long for it to land. 🙂

You can do anything

By Yannick 16 March 2016 07:03

In the light of the 1.4 Emerald update, we've temporarily downgraded the forum to Luna 1.4.

You can do anything

By EnglishParrot 16 March 2016 07:26

Member · 56 comments

Yannick, What's wrong with profile pirctures? I cannot see them today.

By Yannick 16 March 2016 12:11

EnglishParrot wrote

Yannick, What's wrong with profile pirctures? I cannot see them today.

As mentioned in the 1.4-thread. This is a known issue and is being worked on. Actually, I'm not working on it, that is already fixed, will have to wait until I push an update to the forums.

You can do anything