User Roles

By bem 10 October 2016 08:02

Member · 117 comments

Two things.

First, when changing the role of a user, it changes their colour settings to what I use. It's happened like that for a while it seems as the person I changed last night then reported that the same thing happened a few months ago when a moderator changed their user role.

Secondly, I have a forum where I want a specific role to have moderator rights. Just for that forum though, not for all of them. I can't seem to get it to work. The note in the role says that you can select which forums in the user settings but I can't see where that would be.

Thanks.

By Yannick 10 October 2016 08:11

Administrator · 1,387 comments

Thank you for reporting this bug, I'll take a look at it: https://github.com/GetLuna/Luna/issues/1627.

The forum settings should be available in their Profile under "Admin", but this is only visible if the user's group has moderator permissions and you have permission to change these settings (I guess the later applies already). If it isn't visible but both requirements are true, please report this here again.

You can do anything

By bem 10 October 2016 16:43

Member · 117 comments

Okay, so I've checked the new group that I created. 'Moderator privileges' is definitely ticked. I go to the user and then the Admin tab for their profile and all I have is 'Choose user group' (which is set to the new group), 'Comments' and 'Admin Note'.

I've checked an existing moderator, someone who's actually part of the default 'Moderator' group and they don't have any options to select which forums they moderate either - although in their case it doesn't matter as I want them moderating the whole thing and they can do. Setting up a new moderator group though seems to leave the user with no moderator capabilities. I'm full Admin on the forum so should have permission to change the settings - I can do everything else it seems.

To be honest, the existing moderator, who covers every forum, was set up before I moved to Luna when I was using FluxBB. I had the options then to do it as I can remember doing it. Not had to look at moderating since.

I wouldn't complain, but I don't want to give this guy full moderator rights, like the moderator that I trust. So don't want him being able to reset passwords, rename users, etc. Just general moderator rights for the forum that he will be running. Can I do this in the database whilst it's looked into?

By Yannick 10 October 2016 18:57

Meanwhile, I've found the issues (and man is it stupid) and it will be fixed in 2.0.6. You can - for now - manage this in your database indeed. However, I would strongly recommend to either wait for 2.0.6 or do the following:

Go to root > themes > Fifteen > views > settings.php and search for the line

<?php } else if ($luna_user['g_moderator'] == '1' || $user['g_id'] == LUNA_ADMIN) { ?>

and replace it with

<?php } if ($user['g_id'] == LUNA_ADMIN) { ?>

This will show these fields for ALL users if you are an admin. A more correct fix that also checks for admin privileges will be included in the 2.0.6-update.

Otherwise, if you decide to dive into the database, make sure you've got the syntax for moderators correct.

https://github.com/GetLuna/Luna/issues/1631

You can do anything

By bem 10 October 2016 19:05

Member · 117 comments

If I can leave the database alone I'm happy. I'll make changes to the files as recommend. Thanks for looking at it.

By Yannick 13 October 2016 10:27

I'm happy to say that both issues have been fixed and will be part of 2.0.6.

You can do anything

By bem 29 October 2016 10:58

Member · 117 comments

Maybe I'm missing it, but after updating to 2.0.6 I still can't see where I can set moderators to only moderate certain forums, not all. In the admin of a user, I can set their user group, change comment count or add a note.

By bem 29 October 2016 12:21

Member · 117 comments
bem wrote

Maybe I'm missing it, but after updating to 2.0.6 I still can't see where I can set moderators to only moderate certain forums, not all. In the admin of a user, I can set their user group, change comment count or add a note.

As an update - I can see the moderator options if I look at my own profile settings, but as an admin I don't need moderator rights as I have them all. Don't see it for the only other admin though, and no moderators either.

Last edited by bem (29 October 2016 14:55)