List of emojis

By Cotopaxi42 9 October 2016 07:20

Member · 20 comments

Hi there,

Is there a list of the emojis we can use? And the correspondance in writing?
Also, Luna uses the Android emojis, right? Would it be possible to try EmojiOne?

Thanks!

By bem 9 October 2016 09:19

Member · 116 comments

In the help section - your user icon in the top right corner, then help. There's a tab in there for emojis.

By Yannick 9 October 2016 09:27

Administrator · 1,385 comments

As bem said, the list of emoticons can be found in the Help section.

Luna 1.x by default uses its own emoticon set. Optionally, you can set it to use your system's default emoji font. In Luna 2.0, the system's default emoji font is the default setting and you can optionally use Luna's build in image-based emoticons. Luna 3.0 will no longer include emoticons and will always use your system's default emoji font.

We have no intentions to include EmojiOne or any other emoji font with Luna. Our goal is to make Luna as light and small as possible, which is the very reason we're dropping emoticons out of our own core and leave it to your OS (why do something ourselves when to OS provides it for us?). We sure aren't going to include an even more massive font in Luna.

You can do anything

By Cotopaxi42 9 October 2016 09:39

Member · 20 comments

Thanks for the answers !
I completely understand but sometimes the OS gives us emojis not so easy to read. 😇

By Cotopaxi42 10 October 2016 07:44

Member · 20 comments

Ok I changed the emojis on my OS, it works perfectly now! Great idea.
Do you plan to add other emojis to the list?

By Yannick 10 October 2016 08:12

Not right now. Are there any emojis you are missing that you would like to see supported?

You can do anything

By Cotopaxi42 10 October 2016 08:31

Member · 20 comments

Well... all of them! 😄
No I don't know, my forum members were just wondering.

By Yannick 10 October 2016 10:04

All of them is going to be a little hard I think, we have to hardcode all of them and obviously, not each OS supports them all. Anyway, ask you forum members which one they would like to see the most and report back. I'll see what I can do for 2.1.

You can do anything

By Cotopaxi42 19 November 2016 11:56

Member · 20 comments

Hi,

Back to emojis (my users didn't get me a list..) with a question: Firefox 50 implemented the emojis from EmojiOne into the browser.
So with others websites I use, when there is an emoji, it's from EmojiOne. But not on Luna forums.

Would it be possible to change that?

Thanks, again. 😋

By Cotopaxi42 20 November 2016 08:46

Member · 20 comments

Nevermind, I dont think it comes from Luna but from Firefox.

By Yannick 20 November 2016 20:36

EmojiOne can be used to replace normal Unicode characters that are supposed to represent emoticons into emoticons. Luna is capable of replacing some of the default shortcodes, like 😁, with their Unicode-counterpart in which case features like EmojiOne kick in. However, as far as I'm aware, EmojiOne is only for OSs that do not have build-in emoji sets (mostly Linux) and is a feature that isn't available on Windows so it doesn't really change much. Either way, if you paste in the Unicode character for any emoji, Luna will handle it just fine. It simply doesn't have a shortcode.

You can do anything