Help with development.

By AKmatiAK 12 June 2018 07:08

Member · 51 comments

inc/functions.php 628 needs fix to ' / '
night mode by default is harder to do, changes in database and in few files (I also changed o_allow_night_mode to o_allow_bright_mode to make code more clear)
full-width view of forum is matter of changing almost all container class to container fluid in theme
.ico favicon instead of outdated .png - deleting <link rel icon> and changing upload in backstage/settings.php to support .ico and increasing file size (commenting out or changing this: <!<input type="hidden" name="MAX_FILE_SIZE" value="..." />
changing message to message_backstage in backstage/settings.php

download: chat.250union.community/chat/6

Last edited by AKmatiAK (12 June 2018 07:10)

By Yannick 12 June 2018 07:30

Administrator · 1,453 comments

I am not sure what you're asking for here.

- generate_page_title() isn't broken, the spaces show as you can see in all page titles, so why change that?
- Dark themes have recently seen a rise in popularity, but they are always optional, which is for a reason. No need to change that default behavior in Luna. Having said that, Night mode is getting an update in Fallow.
- Full width designs absolutely suck. Could Luna take some more vertical space? Perhaps. Full width? No. That is a nightmare on large screens.
- I'm not sure why you're calling .png favicons "outdated" and would replace it with .ico. If anything .ico is a very outdated format and the use of png-files as favicon is much preferred due to a much higher quality. .ico-favicons are on their way out, and that's for the better.
- Why would you want to remove the explicit favicon declaration?
- If you have a favicon that exceeds the allowed file size, you might want to take a second look at your favicon rather than working around the problem. Nonetheless, the maximum allowed file size will be updated in a future update to Luna due to changes in browser behavior over the past 2 years.
- This change has been implemented, thanks for reporting. 🙂

You can do anything

By AKmatiAK 12 June 2018 07:42

Member · 51 comments

-in my browser (chromium) it is broken
-your decision
-I always want to use all space on screen to read text easilly and comfortable
-I preffer .ico but ok
-it's not needed for .ico
-actual size doesn't allow better quality favicons

By AKmatiAK 12 June 2018 07:43

Member · 51 comments

to point .2 - this can be just another theme so it isn't a problem

By AKmatiAK 12 June 2018 07:45

Member · 51 comments

and also site description lenght in backstage/settings.php is too short, 255 characters isn't enough this times.

By Yannick 12 June 2018 08:01

The spaces seem to work fine in both Chrome and Chrome Canary for me. What version of Chromium are you using?

The description length is something I'll change, but that won't happen in the next release (because they're both already tagged). Will have to wait until either 2.0.9 or 2.1-alpha.2/2.1-beta.1.

You can do anything

By AKmatiAK 12 June 2018 09:51

Member · 51 comments

chromium 65

By AKmatiAK 12 June 2018 09:53

Member · 51 comments

and I also found Polish translation here

By Yannick 12 June 2018 10:22

The Polish translation is not properly maintained which is why it is not included in core.

And I'm sorry to say but I cannot reproduce your issue in Chromium 65. I'd recommend updating your browser to the latest version (which should be 67 if I'm not mistaken) and take a look again. Would you mind posting a screenshot?

You can do anything

By AKmatiAK 12 June 2018 10:29

Member · 51 comments

It might be because php configuration or version on my hosting, but I think if I fixed this issue on my site this is not important to lose time fixing this.