Luna 2.0.9 and 2.1 Preview 2 now available

By Yannick 14 June 2018 07:40

Administrator · 1,451 comments

Hello everybody.

We heard you liked updates. So here are 2 more.

Best to start with the blogpost: "Luna 2.0.9 and 2.1 Preview 2".

When you're don with that, here are the updates: Luna 2.0.9 and Luna 2.1 Preview 2. Go read the release notes!

While the website may look the same as the one we had yesterday, a lot has changed below the surface and that has mostly to do with the documentation. For Luna 2.1, I really want to put some focus in our documentation which is why you'll see it change a lot over the coming days and weeks. I think that starting with Luna 2.1, we'll also keep storing older versions of the documentation when future releases come around.

Have nice day!
- Yannick

You can do anything

By AKmatiAK 14 June 2018 11:50

Member · 51 comments

"We heard you liked updates." not really... but compability with php 7.2 is good thing 🙂

By Yannick 14 June 2018 14:04

Well... people definitely disliked the lack of updates.

You can do anything

By bem 14 June 2018 15:47

Member · 128 comments

Love updates. Yeah it's a bit of a pain to put my own personal changes back in, but it means the project is alive and being looked at... Which can only be a good thing!

Actually glad that 2.0.9 is out before the weekend. I was planning to do an upgrade on then.

By AKmatiAK 15 June 2018 10:29

Member · 51 comments
bem wrote

Love updates. Yeah it's a bit of a pain to put my own personal changes back in

agree 😄

By bem 15 June 2018 12:04

Member · 128 comments
AKmatiAK wrote
bem wrote

Love updates. Yeah it's a bit of a pain to put my own personal changes back in

agree 😄

But I'm not complaining. I took notes of what I've changed - the file and what I've amended. I chose to make those personal changes and so wouldn't expect then to be added to the core. It's my problem to deal with when there's an update... And it's not really a problem.

Yannick, just remembered... There was talk at one point of being able to embed social media using an embed tag. Is that coming in 2.1 or is that a Luna 3 thing?

By Yannick 15 June 2018 14:42

Might be useful to list any changes you made that aren't very "you-specific", maybe they can be incorporated into Luna.

For media embeds, I honestly forgot about it. I'll see what can be done for it in Luna 2.1. Thinking about what I still have planned for Luna 2.1, it might be a nice fit. 🙂

You can do anything

By Yannick 20 June 2018 11:32

We just released Luna 2.1 Preview 3. Read the blogpost here: Luna 2.1 Preview 3 now available. Given that there is no stable release coming along, no new thread will be opened for this one.

You can do anything

By Yannick 25 June 2018 08:55

Heads-up: I hope to get Luna 2.0.10 and 2.1 Preview 4 out by the 30th June or 1st July. 2.0.10 will be bugfixes and one upgrade enhancement, 2.1 Preview 4 will be a major UI rewrite with little actual UI changes (although Luna will make more use of space and have an improved mobile UI). 🙂

We will also upgrade this board to 2.1 Preview 4 and not skip it like we did with Preview 3.

You can do anything

By AKmatiAK 25 June 2018 10:51

Member · 51 comments

What will we see in 2.1?

edit: Ok I already found it.

Last edited by AKmatiAK (25 June 2018 10:54)

By Yannick 25 June 2018 18:36

AKmatiAK wrote

What will we see in 2.1?

edit: Ok I already found it.

For those who don't.

See the release notes for the 3 Previews:
https://getluna.org/releases

And read all the blog posts:
https://blog.getluna.org/?tag=luna2-1

Preview 4 and later will still bring plenty more.

You can do anything