Private Forums/Threads

By IsGeorgeCurious 17 June 2018 17:42

Member · 2 comments

Hey,

Recently I have been setting up Luna to use as my forum system. When I was adding in an application section I realized that I couldn't make it so threads in that forum were pirate (in other words everyone could read anyone's application). I think it would be a good idea to add private forums so any forum in there is hidden for everyone except certain ranks/groups/people along with them still being able to read the application format. Does anyone else like this idea?

Thanks!
- George

Last edited by IsGeorgeCurious (17 June 2018 17:43)

By bem 17 June 2018 18:48

Member · 133 comments

Already in place. I have one for admin users on mine.

Backstage - Content
Edit a board and you can select which groups can see the board, create threads and comment on threads.

By IsGeorgeCurious 18 June 2018 14:41

Member · 2 comments
bem wrote

Already in place. I have one for admin users on mine.

Backstage - Content
Edit a board and you can select which groups can see the board, create threads and comment on threads.

I can see that is a thing, however it doesn't meet what I was requesting because if I disable members from reading the forum they can't make an application thread or read the application template. I was hoping they would be able to add a feature where forum members can only see posts by admins and their own posts, not any one else's post.