Retracting the Luna 2.1 release date of July

By Yannick 18 June 2018 11:21

Administrator · 1,453 comments

Earlier this month, when I announced Luna 2.1 I told you all that I wanted to get Luna 2.1 out there somewhere in July and that is was more a "get everything up-to-date with today's standards" update, rather than a real feature update. Today, I would like to retract that release date and that statement.

Given that Luna 2.1 is supposed to be the "current" version of Luna when it launches for a couple of months, I want it to be a strong base to build features upon further down the line for Luna 2.x. This means that I want to spend some more time on expanding Luna. Our Preview 2 announcement already told you what you could expect to see more in Luna 2.1... With this thread, I'd like to expand on that.

• Updated theme system with new meta file that allows for additional information as well as feature declarations for Luna to show warnings in the Backstage next to settings that are not supported by a theme (available with Preview 3).
  • Bootstrap 4.1.
  • Typography.
  • Custom emoji, manageable from the Backstage (available with Preview 3).
  • Social embed support for BBCode.
  • Markdown rules.
  • Icon pack support.

There are more things coming, but these are the main reason why I push Luna 2.1 back. Some of these features will be available in Preview 3 (anything marked with it is certain right now). Especially the move to Bootstrap 4 will be a major change for Luna and I'm probably going to dedicate an entire preview release just on that. And of course, the documentation is also a major focus for this release.

This means that there will be at least 3 more alpha releases of Luna, including Preview 3 and a new ETA will be announced when we reach the beta stage. If you would like to see a new feature get into Luna, no matter its size, now is the time to speak up!

And of course, there is my yearly hiatus, as always in the beginning of July. This year around, that will be from July 3rd until July 15th.

You can do anything

By Raf 20 June 2018 11:24

Member · 68 comments

im starting to feel like were heading to another 1.4

By Yannick 20 June 2018 11:31

Administrator · 1,453 comments
Raf wrote

im starting to feel like were heading to another 1.4

Care to elaborate what makes you think of this comparison?

You can do anything