Luna failed to perform your request

By biocodes 6 August 2018 15:01

Member · 7 comments

Hello,

After installation of the Luna 2.1-alpha.5 I am getting an error as follows:

Something went wrong while performing the action you requested. You can see more details below. It might be useful to enable debug mode for more info. We would like to ask you to report this error to the Luna developers with detailed info on how this error occurred.

Error

Unable to fetch category/forum list

Can anybody please help me to solve this error, I am even enabled to enter to my new installed forum as well.

Thanks

Last edited by biocodes (6 August 2018 15:48)

By Yannick 6 August 2018 19:46

Administrator · 1,455 comments

Enable debug mode in your config.php file with the following line:

define('LUNA_DEBUG', 1);

And post the full error here again.

You can do anything

By biocodes 6 August 2018 21:20

Member · 7 comments

Hello Yannick,

Please find full error as follows:

Something went wrong while performing the action you requested. You can see more details below. It might be useful to enable debug mode for more info. We would like to ask you to report this error to the Luna developers with detailed info on how this error occurred.

File

/home3/detrojar/public_html/include/draw_functions.php on line 336

Luna reported

Unable to fetch category/forum list

Database reported

Unknown column 'f.icon_style' in 'field list' (Errno: 1054)

Failed query

SELECT c.id AS cid, c.cat_name, f.id AS fid, f.forum_name, f.forum_desc, f.parent_id, f.moderators, f.num_threads, f.num_comments, f.last_comment, f.last_comment_id, f.last_commenter_id, f.icon, f.icon_style, f.color, u.username AS username, t.subject AS subject FROM luna_categories AS c INNER JOIN luna_forums AS f ON c.id=f.cat_id LEFT JOIN luna_users AS u ON f.last_commenter_id=u.id LEFT JOIN luna_threads AS t ON t.last_comment_id=f.last_comment_id LEFT JOIN luna_forum_perms AS fp ON (fp.forum_id=f.id AND fp.group_id=3) WHERE fp.read_forum IS NULL OR fp.read_forum=1 ORDER BY c.disp_position, c.id, f.disp_position

Thanks.

By Yannick 8 August 2018 19:53

It seems like your database didn't successfully update. This should be fixed by adding the icon_style-column to your forum database with the correct specifications.

You can do anything

By biocodes 9 August 2018 07:29

Member · 7 comments

I have reinstalled it 3 times, still same error.

Could you explain to me how to add " icon_style-column" to database and fix the issue.

By biocodes 9 August 2018 07:36

Member · 7 comments

One more question:

If I will install a stable version of Luna 2.0.12 right now on my forum, later I will be able to upgrade to a stable release of Luna 2.1 without loss of my forum content ??

Thanks.

By biocodes 9 August 2018 09:02

Member · 7 comments

Anyway, There is good news.

First, I have installed Luna 2.0.12 and then I have upgraded to Luna 2.1-alpha.5, and now it's working !!!

I am testing now on my server. I will keep you reporting bugs.

Thanks.

Last edited by biocodes (9 August 2018 09:03)

By Yannick 9 August 2018 20:02

I'll look into this issue for Preview 6. I'm moving this thread to the Preview forums. Thank you for reporting. You can track progress on this issue here: https://github.com/GetLuna/Luna/issues/1717.

Last edited by Yannick (9 August 2018 20:03)

You can do anything