This is ModernBB 3.2 Alpha, and a cleanup

By Yannick 13 April 2014 18:20

Administrator · 1,453 comments

You might have noticed that the look of our forum has changed a bit. Well, you're now looking at an alpha release of the ModernBB 3.2 software. I invite you to go and take a look on the index, your profile and the user list. We've also updated the forum and topic view, through those aren't that much changed (the forum view is about to change through). In the beta we want to release later this month, you will also find a brand new help page.

You won't see any redirect messages either. And we've added a new style to the ModernBB Core (Magic) for everyone who likes purple. The default time and date notation have been changed and we've cleaned up some of the default styles source code and you probably noticed the "Welcome" message when you visited the index page of this forum. More changes are about to come!

On another note, we've cleaned up our user list and kicked out those weird spammers. Today is the first anniversary of ModernBB, time to celebrate!

You can do anything

By Niell 14 April 2014 18:14

Member · 3 comments

Hello and congratulations on your first anniversary, I have a question, if I install version 3.2 Alpha, be able to upgrade to another version in the future?.

Last edited by Niell (14 April 2014 18:16)

By Yannick 14 April 2014 20:10

Yes, you will be able to update to the beta, release candidate and later on, stable version of 3.2 and beyond. Through we recommend you to not use it in a productive environment. Of coursing, you're never to soon with testing! 🙂

You can do anything

By Yannick 18 April 2014 09:08

Since the original post, we've updated our forums to a more recent build, which includes:

• A completely new help page (not translatable yet)
  • An optional label "Posted" in front of every topic a users has posted in
  • Completely updated language files
  • "Last visit" has been added to the profile view
  • Improved feeds
  • An updated parser
  • Improved design for the breadcrumbs and other elements

Enjoy!

You can do anything

By njimret 20 April 2014 09:53

Member · 33 comments

Great one I do like this 😋

-a

By Puffhead 20 April 2014 16:06

Member · 3 comments

I love the header, alot!
It looks quite amazing.

By Yannick 20 April 2014 21:08

Thanks! Anyway, I just updated the website to ModernBB 3.2 beta, this should be the release that will be released somewhere tomorrow if everything goes right. New in this update since our latest update from the 18th April is:

• Happy has been added as a new default style
  • Help.php is now translatable
  • Default styles have been renamed
  • Improved moderator.php interface
  • Cleaned up login script
  • When creating a forum, you will be redirected to the forum's settings
  • New update link
  • Improved registration interface
  • 11 bugfixes

You can do anything

By laurent 4 May 2014 16:37

Member · 5 comments

Hey, good job 🙂 how to update a running forum ?

By Yannick 4 May 2014 17:13

If not modified, you can simply replace all files. If modified, you'll have to apply the changes again.

You can do anything

By laurent 5 May 2014 20:23

Member · 5 comments

All the configurations stuff will stay ?

By Yannick 5 May 2014 20:57

Yes, the update script will only update configurations that aren't available/are added/have to be updated, everything else will stay as it is.

You can do anything

By laurent 6 May 2014 17:45

Member · 5 comments

Cool thanks